Apache Training - 22 Mar onwards

Aircraft: UH1H 'Huey'
Wee Neal 0414

Apache Training - 22 Mar onwards

Post by Wee Neal 0414 »

Hi all
After a successful and enjoyable first training session, I think it important to layout a draft programme and training aims for the next few weeks. Therefore the mission statement for this endeavour is:

Our Mission is to train and meld a group of pilots into an effective fighting force, in order to kill the enemy.

We have a great core of pilots and all have tremendous skills and experience, albeit not necessarily in helicopters. The attached spreadsheet outlines the requirements for a basic level of airmanship, which will allow us all to operate effectively as Apache pilots. As we are not all at the same experience level, I therefore propose that we split the group to form 2 flights:
a. FTS Hawk
b. FTS Eagle

Each training session we will agree the flight Orbat and conduct 2 concurrent training modules/sessions e.g. Hawk would do hover and circuits, Eagle would do challenging LZ landings; the split in this example based on experience levels. My intent in this arrangement is to keep everyone progressing at comfortable (theirs) levels. We would also train at a whole group Orbat as relevant.

I would also like to request that any pilot who feels that they would like to run a training session that they let me know. The areas that would be useful over the coming weeks:
a. TADS
b. Weapons deployment
c. Radios

Programme (Draft):
Monday 28 Mar – (Syllabus topics 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 & 8.0) Hover, Circuits, Formations (flat terrain), mixture of LZ landings. Plotting a simple navigation route on MFD. Pre read – Familiarisation with Navigation pages on MFD.
Monday 4 April – (Syllabus topics 8.0 & 9.0) Tactical formations i.e. bounding overwatch principles and Communications, including radios. Introduction to TADS and Weapons (dependent on progress). Pre read – Familiarisation with the Radios
Monday 11 April - (Syllabus topics 1.0 – 9.0 inclusive) A run through of the whole basic syllabus, as a consolidation session. Introduction to TADS and Weapons. We may look at introduction to multiplayer operations at this session, dependent on progress. Pre read – Familiarisation with the TADS.

I propose to review our progress at this point and produce a further programme.

I welcome any comments and feedback?

Neal
Attachments
Apache training programme v2.xlsx
(22.79 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Squadron Leader Wee Neal 0414
CO 60 Squadron

Image Image ImageImage

Return to “60 Squadron”