Gametrix Jetseat

Flight Sim Chat
Matt
Site Admin

Gametrix Jetseat

Post by Matt »

I have been looking into these for a little while now, but while they seem like a good idea I'm not fully convinced it would be a worth while investment for simming.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134704

I can see how it would be good for immersion especially in VR, so was just wondering if anybody has used one or has any experience with a simular device?
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Re: Gametrix Jetseat

Post by Neil Willis »

I wouldn't go down that road personally. But a low frequency driver bolted to the seat base is the option I am looking at.

Take a look at the Butt Kicker
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I mean it's a good idea but the real turn away for me is the price for something I might find a gimmick.

I shall take a look!
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

I believe right now they're unavailable too, but a second hand rig would be spot on. The seat thing just wouldn't give that deep solid rumble effect that the butt kicker type gives.
ImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Matt, I have a Playseat Air Force. I find it very comfortable for 2-3 hours or more. I do not use the add on joystick or throttle holders, since I have a joystick extension, and the whole thing is part of my A-10C cockpit, but I do use one of the side platforms for my mouse.

A little pricey, but I have been very satisfied with it. I have attached a shot of my 'cockpit' with the seat included. Unfortunately, the current DCS USB disconnect/reset glitch, prevents the use of many of the hard-wired switches for the moment.

It does not have a butt-kicker, but I do not find it necessary, and it would be a come-down after having used a MS Sidewinder FFB. I still plan to make my Warthog stick removable for replacement with the Sidewinder, for the Spitfore etc. But that is for the future.
Attachments
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG (1.8 MiB) Viewed 6654 times
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

That is immensely impressive Alan, I would love to go down the simpit route one day (however I feel the wife may kill me prior to that day, considering we are currently travelling down the IVF route to be able to have children...so money at the moment has to be prioritised in other places :lol: But one day!)

The only concern is would have with The Buttkicker is noise as I always fly using a headset (as to let the wife sleep) and would be worried that it creates too much noise, but seems a really great alternative but I shall do my research see what i find on it.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Yes, noise would be a major drawback. Unless you insulate the seat from the ground, the bass notes would travel through the whole structure of the house - very annoying.

You could isolate the seat using something like rubber blocks, or maybe large felt cubes, but there would still be a noise in the immediate vicinity of the seat of course.

But any form of vibration transmitting pads would do the same I suspect?
ImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yes that's my only concern, other than that it looks great! I'm going to research more about it see if I can find some youtube reviews when I get back see what they say about the system. I imagine them to be mostly positive.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

So did any of you get one? I've just installed a couple of transducers to my chair and I'm pretty pleased with it.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

ive made my own buttkicker using a 10 inch sub! kicks bloody hard using a 50 hz tone but im buggered if i can find/use software to drive it in dcs
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Return to “FS Chat”