Fuck cancer!

Real World Flying Chat
Shakey

Re: Fuck cancer!

Post by Shakey »

My Dad lost his battle 13 yrs ago this week with a brain tumour, so totally feel your pain.

Just a thought!!...………..maybe we could run a Bombing/gunnery competition on the server with a nominal fee for entry and just bragging rights for squadron/self (All proceeds to the just giving page set up by john (scooby) of course).

We could designate the target as WP "Cancer" and blast the fuck out of it and raise some money at the same time for the cause?

:idea:

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Shakey wrote: 04 Mar 2020, 18:28 My Dad lost his battle 13 yrs ago this week with a brain tumour, so totally feel your pain.

Just a thought!!...………..maybe we could run a Bombing/gunnery competition on the server with a nominal fee for entry and just bragging rights for squadron/self (All proceeds to the just giving page set up by john (scooby) of course).

We could designate the target as WP "Cancer" and blast the fuck out of it and raise some money at the same time for the cause?

:idea:
thats a great idea
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

heres a link to the donation page (i think!) to help raise money for cancer research, any donations no matter how small would be GREATLY appreciated!
ps if anybody fancies coming to see me get beaten up by some lad half my age then thats ok too :lol:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/johnburton39
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

within minutes of me posting the link some VERY generous anonymous soul put £100 in!!!! :shock: :shock:
i have my suspicions as to who that may be but i guess il never know, if it is somebody here then THANK YOU VERY MUCH KIND SIR! 8-)
ps thank you to ian aswell although im buggered if i can remember who that is :lol:
pps sparring went pretty well, had a nice technical spar with a lad who didnt try to kill me lol
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Mutley

Post by Mutley »

it was Him him over there lol :D :lol:

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Mutley wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 05:27 it was Him him over there lol :D :lol:
lol
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

abraxsus

Post by abraxsus »

John - Im so sorry to hear this buddy. My best wishes , thoughts and prayers are with you and your family buddy

Yogi
Squadron Leader Yogi "Wildcard" Parashara

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

abraxsus wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 21:35 John - Im so sorry to hear this buddy. My best wishes , thoughts and prayers are with you and your family buddy

Yogi
thanks yogi
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

shitty update,
fight obviously got postponed (il let you know when its back on)
also last week my stepdad (who bought me up from the age of 9) had stomach ache last week,
turns out he has bowel cancer!
went in wed to have most of his bowel removed.
they opened him up, saw the tumour was alot bigger than they though and stitched him back together :(
theres some in his liver too, hes now stuck in hospital with no visitors allowed waiting till thursday when the docs have a meeting to see what theyre gonna do.
he could die without us ever being able to see him again!
FUCK CANCER!!!!!
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Awful news. I lost my dad to cancer in 1988.

Thinking about you friend. Anything we can do to help, you know we're here for you.

Regards.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Real World Chat”