RAF Air UK Caucasus Mission Building Template

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Hi all,

To try and encourage some new mission builders within the group we have decided to create a mission template for maps, which has all RAF Air UK Squadron aircraft prestudded and on the map, tankers set in orbits ready for refueling, carriers set up.....basically removing a lot of the hard work for setting up multi airframe missions.

A few months ago all squadron commanders were asked to select a preferred airbase on each map and decide on a standard in-flight comms frequency for its flights which was placed in to a communications matrix (attached below) so mission designers and players could easily open to see all set frequencies used in RAF Air UK.

To start using this template all you need to do is remove anything you do not need and reposition the things you do according to your mission requirements.
  • To reposition tankers all you need to do is move all waypoints (there's only two) and the aircraft symbol to wherever its required
  • To reposition ships is exactly the same as above, just move the marker and waypoints where required
  • All aircraft are pre studded for radios and should be displaying the correct skins
Guys please give this a go, try creating some missions for your squadrons and maybe once you get more confident include another squadron with you or dare I say it try a group mission!

I hope this will really help people in creating mission for you guys to fly, as you all know mission building is not an easy process, but I hope with this template it will take a bit of the stress away from mission building and then we can get some more mission creators within out ever growing group.

RAF Air UK Communications Matrix - This includes info on all flights radios, Tanker and Carrier frequencies aswell as starting airbases selected by each squadron.
RAFair Comms Matrix.xlsx
(11.03 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
RAF Air UK Caucasus Mission Template.
RAF Air UK Caucasus Mission Template.miz
(159.37 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
A finally I would like to thank Shaggy, FatherCool, Maggsy and Mad Dog in helping get this project finished. Over the next few weeks I will create templates for the Persian Gulf and Syria (Once those are complete I will expand to NTTR too)
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Re: RAF Air UK Mission Building Templates

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Excellent I shall take a look. Jumping from writing single squadron missions to multi squadron seems like an enormous leap.
Anything to help with that transition is more than welcome.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Beanie

Post by Beanie »

This will take the pain out of creating missions making everything "correct" before you even start with making the mission itself. A huge leap forward for those who want to make missions for everyone.

Thanks to Matt and everyone who contributed.
Sqn Leader Andrew "Beanie" Benson - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image ImageImageImage

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Great template. thanks for all the effort put it. I'm working on a mission now!
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Excellent stuff Matt.

Are we going to see the other maps supported in this way soon? If you need a hand, just holler.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yes Neil, I am most if the way complete on a Syria version at the mo, then I will complete the Persian Gulf that way you guys have the three most used maps complete before i deploy, the rest I will do while I'm abroad.

EDIT: I have updated the template new version attached to the first post, there were skin issues so I had to reskin all aircraft :cry:

Matt.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Excellent, thanks Matt.

I can tackle WW2 templates after we have had a chin wag about tonight's mission covering the Channel map and Normandy. They should be much more straightforward. That would just leave the persian Gulf and NTTR for modern templates I think?
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Very quick additional update, added the new pre-set LUA file for A10C's, so now you will find all the A10C's radio pre-sets working with SRS.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Return to “RAF Air UK Mission Building Templates”