Caucasus Generic Mission

Matt
Site Admin

Caucasus Generic Mission

Post by Matt »

Evening all, I have been working on making the Caucasus Generic Mission more stable, as under testing it hangs quite a bit and there is nothing stranger then watching the MIG you are dogfighting decide to hover as if it's something sort of illegitimate Harrier love child . So to in the hope of retifying this I have removed quite a few of the AI aircraft and replaced them with fewer aircraft that are scripted to respawn after death. As I believe the hanging to be caused by the aircraft running on fumes and otherwise hitting gods good earth with some due speed and force!

Currently there are:

4x Mig29's flying CAP around a Russian carrier fleet
2x Mig15's
4x BF 109's
2x Blue Tankers (Texaco and Arco) currently no Red tankers as I didn't want to add too much too soon
7x T72's
4x red MLRS (cant remember the proper designation right now)

I have tried to keep the diverse generations separate, but I feel it is still in early stages to test and evaluate performance and stability hence the fewer AI aircraft. I am hoping this will make things a little more stable so far the Su33's on the flight deck of the Admiral Kuznetsov have proven quite popular while I have been testing the mission on the server :lol:

This is the first time I have really put much in the using the mission editor so any advice and criticism would be useful. I am just trying to make a useful mission to run on the server when not in squadron use to help anyone wishing to practice in a particular airframe has the capability online if they should wish.

If there is anything you would like changed/ removed or added please let me know.

Thanks for taking the time to read this unusually long post from me!
Matt
Attachments
Caucasus Generic Mission v1.3.miz
(122.72 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Caucasus Generic Mission

Post by Matt »

Quick little update reference the mission after a bit of "stress testing" it seems to be a lot more stable than before however due to my internet taking a bit of a dive I have had to stop the server testing for tonight so the mission is loaded on any problems please let me know, I have juggled things around a bit to add some more structure to the basis of the mission
  • Korean aircraft are now located to the east
    modern aircraft are around the center
    WWII aircraft are to the north
    Helicopters are the same as before along with cargo for sling loading
    FTS and QFI aircraft have been added at Batumi for if anyone would like to partake in any flight training
Added a lot of new AI aircraft in their given zones era dependant, blue and red forces have tankers for AAR, red forces have a small carrier group for naval operations if anyone should feel so bold. FTS and QFI aircraft at Batumi are alone to help keep the area clear for training.

All aircraft will respawn based on weather they have been shot down, If they reach their last waypoint they will also respawn (last waypoints are placed close to their first to stop them from reappearing in completely different places)
Due to the fact that I am only really using basic triggers for the respawning of aircraft I am looking in to how to create triggers to incorporate ground targets as I do not and them to spawn on top of destroyed predecessors time and again. (a solution may have to be keeping them moving, not idea for bombing but until a better solution shows itself to me then I at least gets us ground targets to engage)

I am aware it is a basic mission, but due to my relatively new mission editor skills it is a learning curve of how to achieve the things I wish to implement, I has MIST running to add more diversity to what can be achieved in the editor, but if anyone has any pointers on how to get the ground forces added and respawning with ease I would massively appreciate the coaching.

As always if you have anything that you wish removed or added to the mission please let me know, I'm starting to quite enjoy seeing the fruits of my labour become functioning from a mere idea! 8-)

Thanks for reading!
Matt.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Mission updated on 1.5.5 stable and Beta servers

The mission has been updated with a temporary solution to the AI not spawning more than twice bug, there is now a F10 Radio menu to respawn all AI in the AO individulally as I have not figured out if I can group all AI groups together for one option :oops: , along with this I have added a leaguer of BTR 80's for ground attack practice and there is a troop of T 72's that travel via road to their destination for you to engage. all of which will respawn on destruction.

All Ai vehicles as it stands (all respawnable via the F10 Menu)

Bf 109's
Mig 15's
Mig 29's
Mig 31's
BTR 80's
T72's

Tankers (also respawnable via F10 menu)
KC-135
IL78M

Also the addition of the AJS 37 on the Beta server (thanks Neil for that one 8-) )

As always any critics or anything you would like changed just PM me!
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Currant updates post:

Latest update 29/01/17

Currently online on 1.5.5 stable server, Beta update to come (refuse to boot people off the server to update a mission :lol:)

Completed
*Added some sound effects for mission briefs
*a small brief for each mission
*F10 Radio options have been renamed from "respawn unit" to "Strike/ A2A/ Anti-Ship mission" as I found the respawn names a bit chippy.
*added a fleet of cargo vessels for a mission "Anti-ship" Strike
*added Anti-ship mission radio menu
*retextured the Bf109's in the north of the AO

Next update should will include:
*BTR80's replaced and tasked, mission brief will be altered accordingly. Complete
*Add in a physical AWACS callsign "Overload" to coinside with my briefing callsign. Complete
*add in additional A2G missions -- looking at Op Bactria style taskings for insight. Work in progress
*Remove mission radio options for alternative method Work in progress

Future Updates
*Voice acting (volunteers required). Future update

As always changes can be made on request!
Last edited by Matt on 01 Feb 2017, 14:04, edited 2 times in total.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Sounds very good Galm. I look forward to having a flight in it later tonight.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Latest Update:01/02/2017

As of today the newest version of the mission is ready for stress testing on the servers.

New additions include:
*Mission radio options are now completely gone, so all missions are now triggered by two IP's (Hornet for A2A,BlackJack for A2G) Completed
*Mission Brief radio option added to give details of the location of each IP. Completed
*Radio menus to play background ATC added. Completed
*Radio menu to remove background ATC added. Completed
IP's trigger A2A or A2G missions at random (so don't be alarmed if you receive one twice, its the nature of the beast with respawning missions, simply fly out of the IP and re-enter to trigger a new message, as I am yet to find a work around for this) Completed
*Add in a physical AWACS callsign "Overload" to coincide with my briefing callsign. Completed
*BTR80's replaced and tasked, mission brief will be altered accordingly. Completed

Next Update will include:
*Additional A2G missions Work in progress
*Additional A2A missions Work in progress
*Updates for all newly released aircraft Work in progress
*Cargo delivery missions for helicopters Yet to be started

Future Updates
*Voice acting (volunteers required). Future Update
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Excellent work, I know you've been at this for a while now. Much appreciated!
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Matt, can you confirm that this mission is now on the Server. If so what is it called, and is it currently playable by relatively new members?

You will see Neil's suggestion that we trial it tonight. Neil will not be there, but I am happy to run it, provided I can look through it in advance, to know what is involved, and put together a briefing. Alternatively are you content to lead the force?
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yes, it is currently on both the 1.5 stable and 1.5 beta servers.

It has all airframes avaliable and the missions are relatively simple as AI is set to return fire only, to prevent interfering with players that wish to do flight training.

The mission is called "Caucasus Generic Mission 1.6 (test)"and "Caucasus Generic Mission 1.6 Beta (test)"
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Matt, thanks, I've found it.

I suggest we use 1.5.5 tonight. I (like many others) am experiencing stutters with the 1.5.6 Beta.

I will download a copy and have a play with it this afternoon on my machine.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Generic Server Missions”