Caucasus Generic Mission

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Caucasus Generic Mission

Post by Matt »

not a problem, i have a few things i wish to alter myself before tonight which i hadn't had time to do before now
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Alan, just so you know I have updated a few trigger so ensure aircraft and vehicles will not respawn until the friendly aircraft have left the area, so new mission is already uploaded on the servers (name is still the same)

in reference to a briefing card, be aware as all the tasks are randomly spawned and currently there are only a few tasks of each nature be that A2A or A2G along with one maritime strike, but the idea is over time I shall add about 10 tasks of each nature for replayability.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Matt, I have had a quick look at the mission, primarily the A-10Cs.

My concern is hat it may be a bit too general for some of our new members. They will need to be briefed what weapons to load (I suggest Mav, GBU-12s and CBU-97s), and where to go; there are no routes plotted. In addition one of the target grids has the square letters omitted (KP from the SEAD Tgt). In any case, they will need a good brief or to led by the nose by someone who knows the set-up.

I don't see us getting a lot of useful testing done, unless we only have 2 or 3 members turn up tonight, or some experienced members want to try out some of the other aircraft missions - I only looked at A-10, so I am not sure what tasks are set for the other aircraft.

I can see what you're after and it has the makings of a good 'Playground'. However, I see it as a non-training day scenario, for a few casual players to use, in groups of up to say 4.

That said, I don't see why we shouldn't try some of the A-10 elements tonight, provided, as I say, we don't get too many members showing up.

I think that what we need to do, longer term, is for 2-4 'mission makers' to get together to thrash out some scenarios and develop them aircraft by aircraft - with one of us taking the lead for a specific aircraft type.

I have a modest working Huey/Gazelle extraction mission written, but I got stuck trying to get some A-10s involved - realistically it can accommodate no more than 2, and even then, their involvement is not massive. It may be that we could insert missions like this, as stand-alone elements in the overall 'playground'. But I think the best approach would be to add each scenario, one at a time, and test them on non-training nights. Perhaps we could use the 1.5.6 Beta server for this purpose.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I understand your concern, this is the thing obviously this mission was never designed for a squadron night hence why it is quite broad in design it was only designed to be on server to provide a array of taskings for any given aircraft. Or merely the ability to take a aircraft up and fly.

If I was creating something for a squadron night it would defiantly consist of maybe one or two taskings with aircraft already prepped with armaments and a flight plan.

I agree that if anyone has good set ups for small tasks we can take those and utilise them within the area instead of the brief stuff I have created to be more of a placeholder in its currant form. But I do see your point specially in reference to new members being chucked in the deep end with adding waypoints manually and weapon choice.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Rick van de Koppel

Post by Rick van de Koppel »

Sry guys, I will not join tonight.
Going to bed early.

Have fun.

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Not a problem Rick, we flew Clay pigeon again to get some training benefit from the night, as the generic mission is not really set up for squadron nights as yet.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Any chance of creating a generic Nevada map too?
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yes can do, if everyone is ok with the currant layout of the missions, but over time I will start to make the air to ground missions and eventually the air to air missions also more specific to make it more beneficial to our guys training (it just takes time with work and all)

I will see if I can get started later today.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

I'm sure like me they'll be very happy for you to develop it as you think fit. You're doing great work so far.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Generic Nevada Mission created and uploaded on the server, please let me know what you think.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Return to “Generic Server Missions”