Persian Gulf Generic Mission

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Persian Gulf Generic Mission

Post by Matt »

Hi all, I'm just about to send Neil the first file version of the rebuild to go on the server when he is able.

I've attached a picture of the target location (All have F10 map marks so you can find them on the fly) i have left the map with enemy visible (if you guys want that changed let me know, but this way you can see if the targets your aiming for have been destroyed prior to a flight)

PB Attal now has a Tacan on 11X.

You will see I have split the map in to generic warfare and counter insurgency operations, these counter insurgency missions are smaller insurgent targets which should be great fun for the 60 Squadron boys in particular....either going in as a gunship of dropping troops of near by the locations should all be achievable (just be aware some higher profile locations will be armed with AAA or Stinger) you can also land at PB attal to rearm and refuel (this can also be done by fixed wing by parking beside the building south of the road if your brave enough....see pic below)

For the generic warfare area, you have all the old missions from the previous PB version but with additions of things like early warning radar sites, Iranian gunboats, Command posts, convoys, SAM sites, Docks conducting the loading of military hardware ect. all enemy airbases are protected by SA19 and Shilka.

Radio Menu

SA8 sites along the map can be switched on or off in the F10 radio menu
You can restart the mission, load a night version and a IFR version via the F10 Radio options too

Over the next few weeks I will keep updating target location/ adding additional, tankers have been moved around slightly, and the mission restarts automatically every 6 hours.

A final note from me, when you take off and land from Al Minhad please tip your hat to our Mutley as you taxi down towards the active of runway 27, i have placed him in the prime location just off of the taxiway to see his beloved F14's startup and depart the ramp.
PG Target Map 1.jpg
PG Target Map 1.jpg (1.36 MiB) Viewed 1292 times
PB Attal FW Rearm.jpg
PB Attal FW Rearm.jpg (2.32 MiB) Viewed 1292 times
Mutters Memorial.jpg
Mutters Memorial.jpg (1.94 MiB) Viewed 1292 times
Please let me know any issues with the map or changes you guys would like to see made!

UPDATE: The carriers still seem to be stopping intermittently, i am currently working on a quick fix, as I believe ED have updated the depth in the area the carrier usually patrol, so I'm testing a solution now however it would see the super carrier moved across to the other side of the Gulf (Oman side) as i am yet to have a carrier stop in those waters (so I'll apologise to the F14 and NAS boys for a longer flight but so far its the quickest way to keep your carriers moving while I figure out the real bug with the usual area)

Matt.
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Excellent, thanks Matt. The mission is now running on server 1, thanks to Chris.

Always very grateful for the work you put into these mate.

Neil
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Hi all, the interim version should now be up on the server, however I am still making updates to a version which would see a nicer all round environment for all.

Firstly I am replacing the existing SA8 sites (turned on/off by the F10 menu) with realistic Hawk batteries and EWR in real life locations, which can still be deactivated via the F10 menu (however EWR and Rapier sites will remain active even once HAWK batteries are turned off)

Next I am adding some more target locations to both map areas

Also I seem to have fixed the carriers by moving them, so they will continue to function for the time being.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Added AH64D
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Shaggy

Post by Shaggy »

Matt, as per my request for Caucusus. Could you add in some more Farps within closer locations to the training area and maybe the islands for the current missions? Options are very limited for the AH64, thanks
Captain Simon "SHAGGY" Jones
RAF AIR UK - 664 Sqn 2ND IC and Instructor
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Generic Server Missions”