Syria Generic Mission

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Re: SYRIA DEFAULT MIZ FEEDBACK LOOP

Post by Neil Willis »

Can I suggest Keule that you write a “default mission of your own so we can try your methodology and see how it works?
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

KEULE

Post by KEULE »

Good suggestion. I am happy to prepare a mission. How is the proceeding from here? Do I send it to you?

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Yes please.
ImageImageImage

Chris

Post by Chris »

SYRIA DEFAULT MIZ UPDATE
  • Super Carriers reduced to 1
  • Hermes operational, hiccup sorted!
  • FOB added just across the Turkish border north of RAQQA. Extended runway, good for TO weight 30,000lbs. Mobile TACAN 10Y, FARP Callsign LONDON on 128.5. Full facilities. 4xAV8BNA and 3 KA50 spawns. As requested mini tasking for the harriers added. Insurgent targets already in place nearby.
  • Additional Armour / Artillery added Damascus area.
  • Total number SAM sites thinned.
  • To facilitate training by Squadron, Group, mates or singularly all threats are now controlled by F10 - OTHER - Radio Option Triggers. There are 6 options.

RE-LOAD / RESET MISSION Resets mission to start
    DAMASCUS CAP TOP Any aircraft entering Damascus trigger zone will cold spawn 3 Mig21s at AN NASIRIYAH Airfield and commence search
    DAMASCUS CAP MID Any aircraft entering Damascus trigger zone will cold spawn 3 Mig21s at DAMASCAS Airfield and commence search
    DAMASCUS CAP LOW Any aircraft entering Damascus trigger zone will cold spawn 3 Mig21s at AN KHALKHALAH Airfield and commence search
    PLANT CAP Any aircraft entering Plant trigger zone will cold spawn 4 Mig21s at PALMYRA Airfield and commence search
    ACTIVATE ALL SAM SITES Activates all SAM sites, they are marked on F10 map.
  • Threats when killed will not respawn.
Obviously, a bit dose of common sense is required when there is more than one group on the map. Communicate with each other and agree when engaging threats.
These options will allow a progressive learning curve if desired engaging the threats singularly or combined. Once finished and before leaving use the F10 radio option and restart the mission ready for the next guy rather than leave threats active.

Remember you can please some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time but never all of the people all of the time..... but I'm trying too with this... we'll see - it might be thrown back into my face, figuratively speaking..... Let me know if it floats your boat...

In the best tradition of ED it has not been tested fully - shout if anything is broken, thanks!
Kind Regards
Chris :)

Crowebar-892nas

Post by Crowebar-892nas »

Appreciate it thanks Chris

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Excellent work. Once we get the new cloud engine, and dynamic weather, it'll add a whole new dimension.

Thanks Chris.
ImageImageImage

Chris

Post by Chris »

Had one hiccup, a memory leak in the server engine, Server PC memory was maxed at 61GB even with DCS virtual servers 1,2 & 4 closed down and CPU was at 80%. Caused some peculiar effects with everything. I 'think' mobile tacans were causing it, removed them and memory server side stabalised at 42GB and CPU 34% with all 4 virtual servers running. I'll keep an eye on it, if you see a memory graph running server side for long periods, I'm monitoring it this end.
Kind Regards
Chris :)

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Syria Generic Mission

Post by Matt »

AH64D Added
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Generic Server Missions”