Syria Generic Mission

Chris

Syria Generic Mission

Post by Chris »

SYRIA DEFAULT MIZ FEEDBACK LOOP
LOOP.png
LOOP.png (86.41 KiB) Viewed 2200 times
This thread provides a simple feedback loop to ensure currency of default server missions as desired by you.

RAFAir is a weird bunch to say the least and extremely diverse as to Squadron / Individual direction, preferences and desires...

Ideally any suggestions / comments / problems / faults should be posted by Squadron Officers or anyone with a defined role. So, want to raise something, discuss with the squadron OC / XO / Training Officer / QFU / QWI / Chaplain / Shaman so that the feedback represents the squadron as a group...
Kind Regards
Chris :)

Chris

Re: SYRIA DEFAULT MIZ FEEDBACK LOOP

Post by Chris »

Tanker's respawn when empty. adjusted. Orbit path changed.
Kind Regards

Chris

Post by Chris »

Red air capability reduced to encourage more small group interaction and SAM and Armor destruction in the Damascus region.

Damascus Red CAP reduced to 8 Mig21's initial spawn on trigger staggered at 0, 5 minutes and 10 minutes0 (3 sub groups) with spawn point Damascus, Nasiiriyah and Al Qusayr airfields.
Respawn when dead 10, 15 and 20 minutes.
Mig21 ECM Jammer pods removed (seriously ai effective combined with their withcraft to always home on Blue no matter the distance and radar off)

Syrian Arms factory & Scud Red CAP reduced to 6 aircraft based Pallmyra, 50 miles from AO... similar time staggers and ECM removed.

Still best to engaged Damascus region with supporting aircraft types. Single missions North of the map is best although coming into the Damascus region using terrain masking from the Beirut side is fun.

F10 has Intel on most threats. Use the user marks. Plan you own routes and waypoints,
Kind Regards

Alien

Post by Alien »

Great stuff Chris, I've had the odd comment / can we sort the spawning of the Mig 21s out / ect, so thankyou for making the changes, I might actually get to the Tgt I want to bomb without first taking on a horde of 21's with my 2 Aim 9s :lol: :lol:

Appreciated mate
Shane Cowan callsign: 'ALIEN' - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

Chris

Post by Chris »

Alien wrote: 23 Jan 2021, 05:58 ..... I might actually get to the Tgt I want to bomb without first taking on a horde of 21's with my 2 Aim 9s .....
Still be a tough one with 2 Aims...

Tested it last night on my own (rookie), put down 2 migs and 3 sams before I got stuffed - a wing man would have prevented that, so Damascus really is still a multiship mission although you can singularly come in from Beirut side low and nip in and out guerilla tactics.

If still too difficult for the 14's or the 10's want to come in and have a tank fest on their own I could put the red CAP as a comms radio option.

Still, a lot of stuff up north where RED air does not have superiority and this will be developed some more for the ground pounders if used.

@all do not hesitate to throw in comments...
Kind Regards

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

It would be good to have the mission with low MiG count initially, with an option in F10 to add extra bogies.

Alternatively, zoning the map, so if you avoid the most intense area, you can fly against reduced opposition perhaps?
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Chris

Post by Chris »

Thanks Neil,

The map is currently 'zoned' in that Blue entry into either the two zones, Damascas and Munitions Factory, will initiate a RED air response.

Damascus, similar to RL, is festooned with Armour Divisions etc and consequently also has an umbrella SAM protection network.

Yes, it may be necessary to have the red air response as an option in comms although I was hoping that the southern end of the map would be used by multi ship / Sqn flights.

The northern half generally speaking is mainly red air free bar the odd L39 or southern strays.

The Intel Map below shows available targets and the 2 red air triggers.
Screen_210123_120042.png
Screen_210123_120042.png (1.21 MiB) Viewed 2155 times
Kind Regards

Richard Rodgers
Site Admin

Post by Richard Rodgers »

Hi Chris,

Not flown on it yet, but just had a quick look at it on LotATC.

It looks like the tankers are called Tanker1, Tanker2 & Tanker3 rather than ARCO, SHELL & TEXACO as per the other two maps.
Gp Captain Richard Rodgers - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image Image Image

Chris

Post by Chris »

Thanks Richard... that's their group name which obviously shows in Lotac. In the ME they are designated as Arco, Texaco and Texaco and respond to players as such in all DCS aspects... so it's a cosmetic thing not normally visible to the player, nonetheless now many are using Lotac I'll synch the names across Tanker, Unit and Group designators in the next update to avoid confusion.
Kind Regards

Richard Rodgers
Site Admin

Post by Richard Rodgers »

Great Chris.

On the other two maps they do show as shell, arco etc on lotatc
Gp Captain Richard Rodgers - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “Generic Server Missions”