Generic Mission Feedback

Matt
Site Admin

Generic Mission Feedback

Post by Matt »

Hi all,

Are we still using these missions? or should we look to adapt an existing set of missions out there for our use?

These days there are plenty of very good persistent missions, do we think they could be better for us then the current missions or do we just need a reamp of target locations and what not?

Matt.
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Duke

Re: Generic Mission Feedback

Post by Duke »

I took a template and adapted it although for the Iran campaign I started fresh as I'm so used to doing these I can sort the basics like tankers and carriers out in seconds.

Wee Neal 0414

Post by Wee Neal 0414 »

Hi
with the popularity of the Apache I would like to see a server dedicated to Helo, if possible? I have developed a training area miz, which is based on cyprus and can easily be expanded to include some FW for joint training.

There are some common features which can be expanded to make a more joined up map as well, i.e. https://forum.dcs.world/topic/286538-tr ... on-github/. This is already incorporated into the above map, but is scaleable and provides a live range environment.

Neal
Squadron Leader Wee Neal 0414
CO 60 Squadron

Image Image ImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

We can definitely do that Neal. Do you want to let me know the mission name and I will get it to run on restarts.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Wee Neal 0414

Post by Wee Neal 0414 »

Hi Neil

the mission is P60-Apache_Trg_and_Operations_Syria_v8.1.miz

Neal
CO 60 Squadron

Image Image ImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Hey Neal,

I like the idea of making a heli focused map, maybe we can have a chat about it?

And see if we can come up with something.....maybe insurgency style? Op Herrick or Vietnam styled?
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Duke

Post by Duke »

Also Neal I could in theory include Apaches for 60 sqn in the final Sortie of my Tuesday night campaign if you guys feel ready for combat in her? Given the last mission will be CAS focused makes sense to have some Apaches

Paul(Dragon)0043
Site Admin

Post by Paul(Dragon)0043 »

Don't do that, I'll have to make a really hard decision then, Apache or A-10? :?

Paul.
"Je Vois Tout"

Wing Commander Paul"Dragon"Ratcliffe - RAF AIR UK
ImageImage
97 Squadron

Wee Neal 0414

Post by Wee Neal 0414 »

Hi Matt

please see attached mission so far. Please have a look at the Ops areas as these have random spawn areas for a Troops in contact style of ops. I have modified this https://github.com/Fargo007/TROOPS-IN-CONTACT for this purpose. These are called through the Comms F10 menu as either Light or Heavy. The templates for these are in the very top left of the Syria map and the composition can be adjusted easily, as long as the names are not altered. These are great as they provide nine line messages, although the timings may need adjusting in the main script.

I have included a briefing on the intent for each area, which can be adapted easily for fixed wing. I would like to include some JTAC units but I cant seem to get them to work at all, which is really frustrating. As we are only in basic flying skills at the moment the ROE is hold fire, which I will change when appropriate to our training and skills.

My initial view is that the area to the West of the island is training the area to the East is war fighting. I would welcome any and all idea on how to improve and develop the map?

Neal
Attachments
P60-Apache_Trg_and_Operations_Syria_v8.1.miz
(3.26 MiB) Downloaded 44 times
CO 60 Squadron

Image Image ImageImage

Wee Neal 0414

Post by Wee Neal 0414 »

Hi Duke,

we may not be quiet battle ready yet I am afraid. Shaggy has put many hours in as have many others, however the multiplayer CPG needs some more training and practice. I am hopeful that we will finish the basic training this weeks and move onto combat training next week with formations and low level flying. We are progressing really well though.

Also I would hate to put Paul into a quandary about which airframe to fly!! :lol:

Neal
CO 60 Squadron

Image Image ImageImage

Return to “Generic Server Missions”