Generic Mission Feedback

Duke

Re: Generic Mission Feedback

Post by Duke »

Wee Neal 0414 wrote: 10 Apr 2022, 09:12 Hi Duke,

we may not be quiet battle ready yet I am afraid. Shaggy has put many hours in as have many others, however the multiplayer CPG needs some more training and practice. I am hopeful that we will finish the basic training this weeks and move onto combat training next week with formations and low level flying. We are progressing really well though.

Also I would hate to put Paul into a quandary about which airframe to fly!! :lol:

Neal
Last mission isn't until 26th April..... just saying...... lol

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

So I've been looking at this troops in contact script, i have been making a Operation Herrick style mission on Syria (using the newly added Iraq) using the H3 airfield as a Camp Bastion of sorts, i have also added three patrol bases (PB Attal, PB Sparta and PB Viking) all of which can rearm and refuel helicopters and using CTLD access troop transport and the likes.

Basically it involves making three areas where mission are randomly generated (using the script see image below), once a player enters the area they will receive 5 line JTAC requests with voice and text communications and can proceed to conduct missions, players can use the F10 radio menu to select either light or heavy enemy force units (light being insurgents and heavy having some low level AAA and armoured vehicles)

The best part is that all of the units (friendly and enemy) are so easily changeable it makes it so easy to change things up/add or remove locations with only a few moments work!
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (9.24 MiB) Viewed 1400 times
As you can see i have kept the area to a size that means they can be used by fast jets and helicopters to do my best to benefit everyone!
Untitled2.png
Untitled2.png (4.36 MiB) Viewed 1400 times
Untitled3.png
Untitled3.png (4.33 MiB) Viewed 1400 times
I will also be populating the rest of the map with some conventual warfare, carriers, tankers pretty much the same level as any current generic mission on our servers.
Can I get some thoughts on this?
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

One of the PB's in the area that are available for helicopter ops along with rearming and refuelling. (the landing locations are the area by the VAB medical vehicle surrounded by hesco)
Untitled4.png
Untitled4.png (12.94 MiB) Viewed 1400 times
Untitled5.png
Untitled5.png (10.08 MiB) Viewed 1399 times
Untitled6.png
Untitled6.png (7.75 MiB) Viewed 1394 times
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Wee Neal 0414

Post by Wee Neal 0414 »

That is looking really smart. Comments:

1. The PB's size may only accommodate 4 Apache, which is fine, we would need to orbit any spare aircraft.
2. If you change the 'Grid1 etc' size (I believe the original size is 30m) does this spread the spawning troops out i.e. they would randomly fill the space? It was something I was going to try out.
3. Would introducing a code similar to this mean that they would not be static on spawn?
Vehicle = GROUP:FindByName( "RecceVehicle" )
Vehicle:PatrolZones( { ZONE:New( "RecceZone" ) }, 15, "Vee" ) I am a merest beginner when scripting, but have had some success in dynamic spawning on our practice ranges etc.
Neal
Squadron Leader Wee Neal 0414
CO 60 Squadron

Image Image ImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Hi Mate,

Fobs, in reality they would maybe accommodate 4 A/C, the only reason I have kept them to this size is personal as they are based off of my own patrol base from 2013 and the facilities we had to land helicopters there :lol:

I was going to try and shuffle sizes of groups to see and achieve the same actually....we will test and see what comes up!

On a side note, the H3 (Bastion style airfield) currently has 4x AH64D, 4xHuey and 1x Gazelle....is this a sufficient number of helicopters for 60sqn or if not what do you need of each...i have all squadrons with a flight at H3 for the troops in contact areas

I have expanded the Troops in contact zones to allow one large zone for operations in Syria, while making the other two larger for the Iraq operations (see below)
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (8.72 MiB) Viewed 1386 times
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Wee Neal 0414

Post by Wee Neal 0414 »

Regarding the numbers of heli's, its a tricky one. We have a number of new pilots all flying the Apache, however they also fly other airframes as their primary; not sure yet how that will pan out. I would drop the Huey and use Mi8's instead as they fly faster and carry more troops (20). This would be in keeping as when I did Bosnia the Czech republic were operating Mi8's in our Div area.

Happy with the PB size.

We have been regularly (last 3 weeks!) been flying with 8-10 Apache's, 6 of which are regular 60Sqn. However on a Tuesday mission night they may choose their primary Sqn. Sorry to be vague!

On a side note can you access the servers as they all seem to be down, including dropbox and Teamviewer!
CO 60 Squadron

Image Image ImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Hi mate,

60 Squadron now have 8 AH64D and 2x Mi8, also see below for your area of H3 complete with its own field hospital for any MEDEVAC you wish to do!

Sadly I do not have access, I believe Neil is the only one that can.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (11.82 MiB) Viewed 1382 times
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Wee Neal 0414

Post by Wee Neal 0414 »

I am on holiday this week, so have a little spare time if you would like me to try some of the areas?
CO 60 Squadron

Image Image ImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Sure thing mate, I've not looked in to the scripting itself yet, just trying to get areas working and drop all the units in ect
TROOPSINCONTACT-SYRIA-example.miz
(1.83 MiB) Downloaded 58 times
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Wee Neal 0414

Post by Wee Neal 0414 »

I have just dropped in for Heavy and Light :InitRandomizePosition( true, 500, 50 ) which should randomise the position I will test and let you know.
CO 60 Squadron

Image Image ImageImage

Return to “Generic Server Missions”