Simpit finished...for now

Military Screenshots
Simon.Collier

Simpit finished...for now

Post by Simon.Collier »

Well after finally finishing my simpit, feeling quite proud of myself i thought i would share.
Being absolutely clueless when it comes to woodwork, it took a lot of trial an error (and swearing) but i finally made it work.
It did start out years ago as just a playseat for driving... however that just was not good enough for the quality that is the A-10C.
I wanted a pit suitable for flying as its primary purpose, however even though i stopped with iRacing and let my subscription
run out a couple years ago i still wanted to be able to drive incase i ever wanted to and it had to be easy to change from one configuration to another.
Basically to go from the flying config to the driving config i just have to lift the flying pedals and they go back behind a ledge, then 2 sliding bolts holding
the driving pedals up higher get pulled back and the pedals slide down. The larger touchscreen on the front swivels out and then i have the driving wheel on a sliding board with 2 more sliding bolts to lock it in place. It had to be extremely strong and solid as i can get a bit heavy handed on the wheel lol.
Having seen some really really nice pits inspired me, however i dont have much room and wanted it to be more functional than aesthetic.
Anyway here you go:

Flying Configuration

Driving Configuration (nope not iRacing... im not renewing my subscription just for a nice pic :) )

Done for the night

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Re: Simpit finished...for now

Post by Neil Willis »

I love the "remove before flight" tea cosies. An absolute must for keeping the dust at bay I expect?

Neat installation, but you need more switches I think!

(:
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Simon.Collier

Post by Simon.Collier »

yeah i though about making some covers that ive seen others have which fit.... but i dont think i could do it properly, got lazy and just bought a couple tea cosies (tried convincing my mrs to make them as they are essential and will save money... she didnt go for it :lol: )
Yeah it helps keep the dust out thats for sure.

Yeah i would love to have proper toggle switches all around, though having pull out panels on helios with all of them is much easier.. im just lazy ;)

Richard Rodgers
Site Admin

Post by Richard Rodgers »

That is really smart Simon.

Think you need to have a word with my Mrs and tell her I need one.
Gp Captain Richard Rodgers - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image Image Image

Simon.Collier

Post by Simon.Collier »

Thanks Richard,
Well of course you "need" one. Its not a luxury... its a necessity :D
I always use the excuse its a cheap hobby and much better than me being out drinking every night...and much cheaper than real life flying.

Richard Rodgers
Site Admin

Post by Richard Rodgers »

Very true bud but golf is my main passion.

I am a million times better at that than I am at sim flying and it takes up a load of my time and to some extent money as well.
Gp Captain Richard Rodgers - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image Image Image

Simon.Collier

Post by Simon.Collier »

Cool, i did get into golf for a while a few years ago, however unlike Gary Player, there more i practiced.. the unluckier i got :lol:

Return to “Military”