Current SERVER miz allocations discriminates against most

Server Updates and Bookings For Squadrons Here
Chris

Post by Chris »

There are 4 servers with 1 miz being run on each. Currently they can only be changed by those with SLMOD admin permissions and then they have to (1) know what to do and (2) be online when some one wants a change.

For a long while South Atlantic has been set default Server 4 and barely used if at all. All bar me CAW SLMODs have not bought the map at the moment or removed it to make room on hard drives - the consequence of this is that they cannot change the mission by SLMOD becausie you have to be in game to do this.

664AAC training mission has been set as default on Server 3 also for a long while. This is only of use if you are 664ACC, Those who do not have SLMOD cannot change it and if they find someone to change for them then the next day it is reset to 664 (no offence 664 lads, I looove you all)

This discriminates against most pilots being able to use the servers to the full. The servers are run by public donation so a better system should be used. What about access to the other maps - NNTR WW2 channel and Normandy let alone what is in the pipeline?

Personally, I realised this some time ago and came up with a system to remedy this at the cost of some work. Initial discussions were had with a few chaps but well over a month later we cannot complete the 2nd of these due to RL schedules etc...etc... However until I feel we have a true supportive community I've decided to stop further work on all the servers and all other community stuff I'm involved in - post in exec refers.... viewtopic.php?f=109&t=5526&p=41722#p41722

But on a selfish impulse to help Carrier Air Wing community which currently is very buoyant I unilaterally decided to add a few gizmos to Server 4.... better to ask for forgiveness than get hold of a clatter to ask permission :)

I've changed the default start up mission of Server 4 to Syria Default. (A large proportion of RAFAir have this)

In the F10 menu system ANYONE can load South Atlantic, NNTR Ranges or 892 Trg default Miz.
These missions will run for 4 hours then reset to Syria Default. If you wish to stay you can reload the current mission. If joining and not sure how long is left, just reload the mission...
From NNTR and South Atlantic you can jump to Syria, SA & NNTR
From 892 Training miz you can only return to Syria default.
Kind Regards
Chris :)

Wee Neal 0414

Re: Current SERVER miz allocations discriminates against most

Post by Wee Neal 0414 »

Chris

Can you post me your base miz, so I can follow what you have done and copy for 664 please
Squadron Leader Wee Neal 0414
CO 60 Squadron

Image Image ImageImage

Chris

Post by Chris »

Of course but best voice because you have to also edit all the other default files to be included in Server 3 miz folder
Kind Regards

Duke

Post by Duke »

Just to say Gizzy myself ( and likely most people ) can't read that link to exec post as not authorised.

Appreciate your hard work in the background to this point. And understand stopping the input without the return. Was similar reasons for me stopping making missions for all.

Plexi

Post by Plexi »

Have you actually asked those that do this why they keep doing this. Aren't we supposed to re-set the servers back to the default miz's. I know I do when we have finished using them. So why don't those that are responsible do the same? And just who are they? Surely they know better.
Squadron Leader
Peter "Plexi" Sumner
RAF Air UK - 1(F) Sqn

ImageImage

ImageImageImage
Quote: 'A superior Pilot may be defined as one who stays out of trouble by using his superior judgement to avoid situations which might require the use of his superior skill'

Chris

Post by Chris »

No one actually keeps doing anything Plexi. Nothing to do with SLMOD mission change nor resetting after a SLMOD change except the point of having to own and have installed a map before you can change it to another. (there are currently 7 maps in play and at least another 2 in the pipeline.) It is in the back end of DCS server.

The main thrust of my point is to make the missions / maps held on the server available to most members not just a few.
Kind Regards

Return to “Dedicated Flight Server”