Mission Tues 13th July, Pilots Needed.

This is for briefings etc for any weekly operational missions/campaigns
Neil Willis
Site Admin

Re: Mission Tues 13th July, Pilots Needed.

Post by Neil Willis »

I don't know which mission you were flying then Flyco. This mission was pre-planned a week prior. If you lacked a proper briefing, that is a Squadron matter, so please do not criticise without first establishing the facts.

If the start was chaotic, it is because people didn't follow the plan as fragged.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Re: Mission Tues 13th July, Pilots Needed.

Post by Flyco »

I am sorry Neil but I must beg to differ. There was no full, definitive briefing, as I understand that to be. Things were being changed continuously during the last few hours, but certainly the situation was not helped by the chaos at the start when thing s started changing by the second.

However, do you not think that some of the chaos was because there was no clear briefing - or not a consistent one at any rate. I do.

You will see within this thread the main briefing which I produced for the Sqn, and the pre-flt briefing which was given to those members of the Squadron who actually flew the mission, immediately before we 'walked to our ac' i.e went onto the server.

Basically, there are too many fingers in the planning pie and no clear cut off point when we say 'That is it, do not change it again'. I would agree that most of the information was on the forum, but scattered and often contradictory. I will say it again - we lack discipline.

I know that i do not have to tell you that it should go Planning - Briefing - Execution, with a sensible period of time between them.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Operational Mission Briefings & Info”