Helios profile

WilloUK

Helios profile

Post by WilloUK »

Hi guys.
Dont know if any of u guys use Helios, but there is a new profile out for the A10C-2
Thought I'd share the info with you
Cheers Willo
Image ImageImageImageImage
Flight Lieutenant Phil "WilloUK" Wilson RAF Air UK

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Re: Helios profile

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Cheers Willo
I know Alan does.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Thanks for the update - I have been waiting for this. Unfortunately info about DCS is spread so widely across various forums that I may have missed this. There is certainly a 'Hack' for A-10C_2, but I have been unable to get it to display images on the Helios screen - a problem which others seem to have shared.

The main problem I have is that, in addition to Helios, I also use Track-IR, and they don't play nicely. My neck is ossifying at the same rate as my brain, and I have therefore 'geared' Track IR to enhance my movement as I look further away from the ahead position. The result is that when my head is at, say, 30 degrees right, my POV is at 45 degrees. Unfortunately the HD reticule is still at 30 degrees and so is not aligned with my central vision. I can use it but it is far from ideal. Consequently I rarely use the HMD.

I have seen various references to this problem, and it may be that a fix will be found. I live in hope!

This is the reason why I am flying the A-10 less often. It is till my favourite aircraft and I do hope to return to it if a fix for the HMD/TrackIR can be found.

Where did you find the reference Willo?
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Chris

Post by Chris »

Kind Regards
Chris :)

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Downloaded, installed, threw me off!. I am having the same result as previously:

"The viewport data or this profile is out of date
Configure DCS Monitor Setup"

I have reset the monitors to match my set-up

I am not entirely sure what viewport data it is referring to.
Image Image Image Image

Chris

Post by Chris »

You are not running that latest version of Helios by d'ammo or you have it configured wrong. With the new version the export of ports is handled automatically by the new Helios and you have a few extra config steps. There are videos and tutorials on the web and d'ammos discord. It is easy to set up, at least it was the other month when I was using it... now mostly VR

His help listing https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz0wT ... me34-SJuZQ

and in particular

Kind Regards
Chris :)

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Just updating. I have now got the A-10C_2 Helios profile up and running on my set up. So if anyone wants some help let me know.

The only problem I have now is using this profile with Track-IR. This is because of my preferred scaling in the Left-Right axis. I do have a workable compromise, but others seem to have the same problem, so I am hoping that DCS, or someone else, with come up with a perfect solution.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Hints & Tips”