664 Training sessions

Aircraft: AH64D ‘Apache’, Gazelle
Karl1464

Re: 664 Training sessions

Post by Karl1464 »

Another great night with Neal and Shaggy, was put through my paces big style, but in the last 3 664 Sqn Training evenings I have learnt so much ...

Flying with other members has put everything in context now, and as you learn a little more each session, so the enjoyment level increases.

Was really interesting to have you in the CPG role Neal, you made it look effortless and your patience with my control levels was faultless and again I have learnt so much, especially about relaxing.

Knowing you were both watching me land was the most pressure I have faced since I did the same thing in the Gazelle in real life in 1987 !! But again that is how you create determination and deal with pressure.

I hope I can get some of my old simming pals involved as they have drifted away from P3D and FSX as they do not know what they are missing.

Shaggy, again many thanks for your time and patience with the CPG key binding session, it only needs doing once but is a grind for you I am sure, and yes I did click the OK button at the end LOL.

Looking forward to learning more and more and becoming a useful member of 664 Sqn.

Stay safe and healthy - Karlos.
Student Pilot Karl Hughes RAF Air UK

Shaggy

Post by Shaggy »

Glad you are enjoying it Karl, i love helping people understand the systems of all the modules in DCS, Keybinds is one of the most important things to get right though so always happy to put in the time for others.
Captain Simon "SHAGGY" Jones
RAF AIR UK - 664 Sqn 2ND IC and Instructor
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Wee Neal 0414

Post by Wee Neal 0414 »

A good night tonight, we tried the Dam mission on our new Caucuses training map; We had Shaggy as CPG with Karl and me alternating as pilot as we got shot down!! It transpires that I had forgotten to change the respawn intervals back to 30mins, this meant that we had enemy spawning every minute, which is why we kept getting shot down: ooops! All sorted on v1.6. Look forward to trying again when we get back in the groove after the holidays. Neal
Squadron Leader Wee Neal 0414
CO 60 Squadron

Image Image ImageImage

Karl1464

Post by Karl1464 »

Apologies for no show tonight,

tried to find servers with no joy then realised there was a large update to upload, which is still loading now, might be on over the weekend but certainly on Monday evening.

Stay safe and speak soon ....

Karl1464

Post by Karl1464 »

Apologies for the no show tonight, had tickets for the Rugby league world cup, so went to watch Tonga V Wales.

Will be on during the week for skills training, stay safe 664 :D

Wee Neal 0414

Post by Wee Neal 0414 »

HI Karl, good choice, hope it was a good game? We will be on on Wed evening with Filip to run through SRS setup and do some general flying stuff.

Cheers

Neal
CO 60 Squadron

Image Image ImageImage

Karl1464

Post by Karl1464 »

Match was good, but not for poor old Wales who were well beaten ...

Will be there Wed evening to get SRS sorted and to meet Filip ...

Wee Neal 0414

Post by Wee Neal 0414 »

Hi Karl, yes on tonight. If we can get you both SRS operational that will be good. we can hopefully fly as well :D
CO 60 Squadron

Image Image ImageImage

Return to “664 AAC Squadron”