Hello!

Introduce yourself to the RAF Air UK members
Winkle

Hello!

Post by Winkle »

Hi guys,

I'm Scott, callsign "Winkle". Just joined up, requesting No. 1 Sqdn. I'm a 50 yr old gamer who has recently picked up the mantle again after catching some DCS vids on the Youtube. I am a former Plod dog handler who now chases around after ill people in Ambulances, moth to a blue sparkly light I guess. Enjoying every minute of DCS. definitely improving but want to progress as frankly i'm pretty rubbish! (sorry No. 1 Sqdn). I am told that online is the way forward and i'm looking forward to increasing the immersion. Harrier is by far my favourite mod, getting there with the sensors and weapon systems, still struggling a bit with hovering/carrier landing, but getting the practice in. looking forward to flying and learning. treading water waiting for the South Atlantic map

0405 Andrew

Re: Hello!

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Welcome to RAF Air

I think we're all looking forward to that map.
0405 ANDREW
Executive Officer, 60 Squadron
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Alien

Post by Alien »

Welcome to RAFAIR Winkle, good to have you with us mucker.
Squadron Leader Shane "Alien" Cowan - RAF AIR UK Xl (F) Squadron

ImageImage

ImageImageImage

309 Geoff

Post by 309 Geoff »

Welcome aboard Winkle. Flying with real people is the way to go. More challenging, but rewards match the challenge.
Pilot Officer Geoff Mansfield RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

Welcome to RAFAirUK Winkle!
Flight Lieutenant Cavan "Father Cool" Millward
RAFairUK - XI (F) squadron

A/G Instructor - The Bombcats
ImageImageImageImage

Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Winkle,

Welcome :)

As I'm sure you have seen RAFAIR caters for many airframes and flying styles, the Harrier's a great model and one of my favourites.. 1F will look after you well...

If the F18C with a naval bent ever interests you give me a shout and you'll be most welcome in 892NAS which operates mostly from DCS Super carriers. The Squadron fly on Tuesday and Thursday evenings around 19:30 UK time for training and engaging multi-squadron missions - Of course pilots are active throughout the week, often in other airframes too!.

If WW2 airframes are a 'thing' then likewise, give me a shout and we'll get you settled in to 19 SQN, here we tend to concentrate on the Spitfire and Mosquito primarily with the Mustang and Jug as a side dish... generally we get together on a Sunday evening.

For rotary wings, No 1 Flight Training School (Rotary) can assist on any rotary airframe if you need help... just shout..

Some eye candy to whet your appetite.... video courtesy of SHUGS (892NAS)

Winkle

Post by Winkle »

Thanks Chris, will keep it in mind, would definitely like an air to air string to my bow at some point, but one thing at a time for my poor old brain! Still trying to get my head around all the things I need to download and learn about, teamspeak, SRS, etc, not that pc savvy. I think I've just opened up Pandora's box

Plexi

Post by Plexi »

Hi Winkle and Welcome to RAFAir. If you should need some help getting yourself sorted out with the necessary bits and bobs put out a shout and we will give you a hand. From what I see you are wanting to get to grips with the Harrier so we are the very people you need! ;) I have no doubt you have already checked out 'How To Join RAF Air UK' page so, when you are ready click this link, https://discord.gg/K6veWrc and we can take it from there. See you soon.
Flight Lieutenant
Peter "Plexi" Sumner
RAF Air UK - 1(F) Sqn

ImageImage

Image Image Image

Quote: 'A superior Pilot may be defined as one who stays out of trouble by using his superior judgement to avoid situations which might require the use of his superior skill'

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

welcome to rafair mate
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Return to “Introduce Yourself”