Hello to all

Introduce yourself to the RAF Air UK members
Talvez

Hello to all

Post by Talvez »

I am a resurrected sim pilot like Ditch. I cut my teeth on Falcon, Apache Longbow, Jane's F-18, obsessed on Screaming Demons, and took a 10 year break after IL-2. Just got back in. Again like Ditch I am a busy person with family life but look forward to a cooperative experience instead of solo missions all e time. Currently only have FC3 and Huey. Big fan of the Vietnam era. Still trying to get all the requirements completed to enjoy up our community. Thanks in advance

Alien

Re: Hello to all

Post by Alien »

Welcome to RAFAIR Talvez.

Monday nights are Rotary nights , Huey's , MI8s etc 60Sqdn

You can find the FC3 aircraft in our servers or at least some of them but we don't as yet have a designated Sqdn to cater for the likes of the SU Family, Mig family etc.
We have 4 Servers each with a designated map which includes ,Cauc, Persian Gulf, NTTR & Syria,
Get yourself squared away with Teamspeak and then jump on when convenient and have a chat,

All the best and see you in the sky soon
Shane Cowan callsign: 'ALIEN' - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

Wee Neal 0414

Post by Wee Neal 0414 »

Hi and welcome

There are a great bunch of pilots in RAFAir and all willing to help where they can. 60 Sqn mostly fly Huey, but we adapt missions and training to suit the rotor heads we have in the Sqn. We have a low key Huey mission tomorrow night, starting at 1930hrs on TS. You would be very welcome to join us; don’t worry about skill levels or anything, its all about having a rewarding evening. We normally aim to get airborne about 2000hrs after chat and briefing. Look forward to speaking to you on TS.

Neal
Squadron Leader Wee Neal 0414
CO 60 Squadron

Image Image ImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

welcome aboard, the huey is great fun to fly. have you thought about any high fidelity aircraft?
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Hi Talvez,
Welcome to RAF AIR, I hope to see you tomorrow night, how can you not love the Huey!
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Ditch

Post by Ditch »

Hi Talvez,

Glad to hear you’re stepping back into sims. I can certainly appreciate the (steep) learning curve that your currently on.

I don’t fly the huey but if you do find yourself flying jets and need a buddy at similar level for some practice flights, drop me a line.

The guys have been awesome since I joined RAFair and there’s always the option to tag team on some training sessions to make things a bit more time efficient.

For your info, I’ve made a decision to focus on the f18 for now.

Roon
Site Admin

Post by Roon »

Hi Talvez, welcome.

If you decide to give the F18 a go come and see us on the OCU, we'd be very happy to explain what we do and how we train and teach.
Sometimes stuff is supposed to fall off....sometimes not.
I still can't be sure which... :?

Officer Commanding F18 OCU
Wing Commander Ade Rhoney - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Welcome mate!
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage