Hello guys.

Introduce yourself to the RAF Air UK members
Shav

Hello guys.

Post by Shav »

Hello, my name is Mark, nickname Shav.
37 from the south of the Uk in Hampshire. Have been a "PC Pilot" since we got our first desktop when I was 13 I made sure my parents got Flight simulator 2000 with it. Since then it was simulators like European Air War, Il-2, FS X, and Flaming cliffs. I was very much an airline pilot for some time but found that to be a little less exciting than flying a combat sim. So I fly these all the time now. Il-2 cliffs of Dover was where I learnt it is more difficult than I thought. but stuck with it. Got DCS and stated of the F-15 then Su-25 and A-10 but after going between these aircraft I wanted to master one, so I bought the AV-8b (closest I could get to an actual RAF aircraft of the past). I love it because as you know it does a lot for one aircraft.
I could ramble on all day, but that's what brought me here. Happy flying!
Shav

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Re: Hello guys.

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Hi Shav,

You'll be after 1F then. Contact Matt he'll get you squared away.

Check in with this forum to make sure you have all the Mods needed. viewforum.php?f=359

Welcome to RAF Air.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Hendo

Post by Hendo »

Hey Shav,

Welcome! We are always looking for pilots at 1(F). How much experience do you have with the Harrier?

Hendo
Image Image
Squadron Leader Ari "Hendo" Hendriks - RAF Air UK
1(F) Squadron
Image Image ImageImage

Shav

Post by Shav »

Hello,
I Have 61 day hours
1.5 hours at night
I can follow waypoints, navigate. follow course changes etc.
Set up a cold aircraft on land and at sea.
Land-based operations I have no problem on the airfield, take-off and landing etc.
Carrier ops I and getting a lot better. Take off no problem. Landings are ropy sometimes and slow approach (I need to have a lot of fuel and water) but I am getting there. More practice is needed.
Air-to-air refuelling I need to master. So far I have not been able to get one to refuel in yet.

Weapons
I can use Aim 9 and the cannon in air-to-air mode. Though air-to-air combat is not my strength at all in the Harrier.
Air-to-ground
i am compitant using, Agm 122 anti-radiation missile,
Freefall bombing Mk 81 up to Mk 83. Snake eye, Rock eye etc.
All laser-guided bombs GBU 12 etc, GPS-guided bombs GBU 38 and laser-guided missiles AGM 65s
rockets and guns.
I can use the DTM and TPOD lazing targets.

My air-to-ground is good.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”