Hello there

Introduce yourself to the RAF Air UK members
bonnarn

Hello there

Post by bonnarn »

I just wanted to say a quick (ish) hello from a new member. My name is Neil, I go by the the nickname bonnarn which has been around since I was young so I guess it's stuck. I have been around planes for as long as I can remember - my first flight was in the Air Training Core in the amazing Chipmunk trainer - I was also lucky enough to sit in the 'cold war' Canberra Bomber, a real interesting piece of kit sadly no longer with us. My favourite though has to be the Harrier, the first time I saw one 'up close' smelling of aviation fuel and oil was in 1977 in Middle Wallop England, the home of the Army Air Core. The sight has stuck with me ever since and I have followed its evolution into todays AV8 model. Here's an interesting fact from sitting in a Sea Harrier that was involved in Falklands conflict, the cockpit is small, my 6 foot frame was a tight fit, so I make the most of sitting at my home desk, with a nice coffee flying in DCS.

I have a lot of experience flying Heavy in Microsoft Flight Simulator and have been a supporter since the day it was released, I am fairly a competent flyer and this is what led me to DCS, recently I have been getting bored of taking off, playing with random failures and then landing often 10 hours later, I have acquired the Harrier module (of course I did) and have spent the past few months learning to fly , shoot it and land it, it has proved very interesting from a learning experience, but I have taken it as far as I can on my own, there's no experience better than flying and training with like minded souls so I decided to join and to join the Harrier Squadron. I'm really looking forward to taking my skills up a notch or 2, sometimes Youtube is not the best place to learn something new, learning the IR Maverick has proved this so many times over.

Father Cool

Re: Hello there

Post by Father Cool »

Welcome on board buddy.

Regards
FC
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Hi buddy, welcome to RAF Air UK!

1(F) Squadron is always up for welcoming new Harrier pilots in to our ranks, we operate most of our squadron admin and mission planning via discord (linked below)

Our instructors will get you up and running ready to participate on the large multi squadron wing missions in no time I'm sure!

1(F) Squadron Discord link
https://discord.gg/K6veWrc

Matt.
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Wee Neal 0414

Post by Wee Neal 0414 »

welcome
Squadron Leader Wee Neal 0414
CO 60 Squadron

Image Image ImageImage

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Welcome to RAF Air Neil.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Sapper

Post by Sapper »

Welcome Neil. Hope to see you flying with us all soon.
“Suivez le Sapeur”

Squadron Leader Andy “Sapper” Bellingall - RAF Air UK
3(F) Sqn 2IC
Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Shaggy

Post by Shaggy »

welcome to the group Neil, great bunch of pilots in our Harrier Sqn (1F), you will find me on often flying a little closer to the ground in the Apache, but have extensive knowledge with most modules. Good luck and have fun.
Captain Simon "SHAGGY" Jones
RAF AIR UK - 664 Sqn 2ND IC and Instructor
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Introduce Yourself”