Hello Everyone

Introduce yourself to the RAF Air UK members
Spinsq

Hello Everyone

Post by Spinsq »

Hi,

I am Spinsq (but everyone calls me Spin). I recently joined the 3(F) Squadron.
I used to play Aces High (about 15 years ago) and then stopped playing Combat Flight Sims. I wanted to start playing Combat Flight Sims and did some research and ended up trying DCS. When first playing DCS i realized A LOT has changed in the last 15 years... I played a bit of DCS already but I missed a community to play DCS with. So again did some research and you guys were the only one who wanted me ;) .
I am really new to the game tbh, the level of detail is amazing and makes reading Chuck's guide and viewing Spudknocker tutorials a must.
As far as hardware goes I am still on my 15 year old Saitek X45. I immediately noticed that TrackIR is basicly a must for this game so I just purchased it and it will arrive next week. As far as Joystick and Throttle upgrade I will wait a bit untill I am more familiar with the game.
In terms of game time, I can spend a few hours a week on DCS (variable hours). Depending on RL, but I guess that goes for everyone :-)
I will start to join Squadron nights asap but due to the lack of experience I dont want to be a huge blocking factor for the Squadron. I will see what feedback I get after some training flights.
Thats about it.

FYI I live in Belgium and I am 37 years old.

Best Regards,

Spinsq

Boos

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by Boos »

Welcome to RAFAIR Spin, see you in the virtual skies!
Daniel callsign: 'Boos' - RAF Air UK

Wee Neal 0414

Post by Wee Neal 0414 »

Welcome Spin

I hope you enjoy RAFAir they are a great bunch. We have a few Colonials, Europeans and Martians members flying with us, so we are truly diverse. See you in the air at some point?

Neal
Squadron Leader Wee Neal 0414
CO 60 Squadron

Image Image ImageImage

Sapper

Post by Sapper »

Welcome aboard Spin - we’ve already communicated on the 3(F) Discord channel. Don’t worry about your lack of experience. We all start like that but learn quickly with the help of other squadron members. We have a fairly extensive training programme and a group of enthusiastic instructors to show you the way. We try to do things “professionally” but above all else, we want it to be fun so that you will want to keep coming back!
“Suivez le Sapeur”

Squadron Leader Andy “Sapper” Bellingall - RAF Air UK
3(F) Sqn 2IC
Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Richard Rodgers
Site Admin

Post by Richard Rodgers »

Welcome. Enjoy yourself with 3 Squadron
Gp Captain Richard Rodgers - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image Image Image