Hello

Introduce yourself to the RAF Air UK members
Eggball

Hello

Post by Eggball »

Hi all,

I'm Tristan Orr, I'm 33 and a wanna be fighter pilot! :P Came close but no cigar sadly I blew my knee out at Cranwell. I've been on the Flightsim scene for a number of years. Started when my farther put me in the cockpit of a Tornado GR4 and turned on all the electronics and me being a 4years old just lite up like the control panels around me and that was pretty much it. My farther was a GE in the RAF from 1974 to 1990's (can't remember the year he came out). After that I tried to follow in his foot steps but as an officer and a Pilot. As previously mentioned it wasn't meant to be for me, but I still love aircraft and everything to do about them. Instead I became a Engineer after seeking my dads advice regarding weather or not to stay in, needless to say it was a wise choice to leave as it probably would of killed me to be around those who fly and always wanted to be something I couldn't.
Anyways I have limited experience with the AV8B but it is my beloved Harrier Jump Jet and the aircraft I idolised growing up, the only aircraft I wanted to really flight but was too late as that boat sailed before I managed to get anywhere near the RAF :P I have approx. 15hrs in the Harrier, completing a very dodgy boat landing and successfully refuelling the aircraft in air. The majority of my experience with Flightsims comes from BMS flying the F16, which I have probably logged over 2000hrs in and continued to in DCS, but after a very long period away I found it hard to pick up the F16 and families myself with all the newer systems introduced in DCS recently. But wanted to get back to my first love the Harrier!
Anyways that's me in a nutshell, my main hobby is Motorcycle racing so if you don't hear from me for a while I'm probably in the hospital repairing myself and/or my motorcycle :)

Shaggy

Re: Hello

Post by Shaggy »

Hi Eggball and welcome to Rafair, the lads at 1F will love to to have a new member on board, Matt or Hendo will sort you out and take good care of you!
Captain Simon "SHAGGY" Jones
RAF AIR UK - 664 Sqn 2ND IC and Instructor
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Chris

Post by Chris »

Hello Egg, welcome mate...
Kind Regards
Chris :)

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Oh your right Shaggy, already got him in our discord since this morning lol

Welcome again Tristan
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Flames

Post by Flames »

Hello and Welcome!
Steven Currie callsign: 'FLAMES' - RAF Air UK

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Hi Eggball,
Welcome to Raf Air
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Alien

Post by Alien »

Welcome to RAFAIR Tristan 'Eggball' Orr
Shane Cowan callsign: 'ALIEN' - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

welcome aboard, where does your callsign come from?
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Return to “Introduce Yourself”