Hello everybody

Introduce yourself to the RAF Air UK members
Beast

Hello everybody

Post by Beast »

Hello everybody!

Im Lee (Or Beast, whichever suits) I’ve been involved in previous MSFS UK based flying organisations such as RAFvirtual and MODvirtual and this year as an F/A18 pilot with Howling Ravens within DCS.

I am really pleased to find a UK MOD style DCS group and would love to come and see how you work
Lee Simons callsign: 'BEAST' - RAF Air UK

Sapper

Re: Hello everybody

Post by Sapper »

Welcome Lee. We have a couple of Hornet Squadrons and I'm sure they'll be in touch soon to sign you up. Look forward to flying with you soon.
“Suivez le Sapeur”

Squadron Leader Andy “Sapper” Bellingall - RAF Air UK
3(F) Sqn 2IC
Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Lee, welcome to RAFAir...

2 SQNs cater for the F18 in RAFAIR, 41(F) and 892NAS of the carrier airwing, CAW. viewtopic.php?f=368&t=5486

41(F) fly formal RAF procedures whilst 892NAS is Carrier Based and engages in mixed airframe operations with other Carrier aircraft within CAW which also includes a F14 SQN, 809NAS. Many cross train both airframes as well as the AV8BNA, UH1H & Mi17 / 8 from the Tarawa and FOBs on land.

We have an ex-HR pilot already on board and he is totally engaged having a 'ball; so to speak. If interested in 892NAS contact us on https://discord.gg/huqHJG9UzJ the platform we use most for quick communications or PM me here direct. We have a full training syllabus, a training squadron (727NAS) and plenty of experienced mentors. The super carrier module is essential and we use Caucasus and Syria maps most.

If you wish to fly with 41(F) / OCU then contact Ade memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1300
Kind Regards
Chris :)

Flames

Post by Flames »

Welcome Lee!
Steven Currie callsign: 'FLAMES' - RAF Air UK

Roon
Site Admin

Post by Roon »

Hi Lee and welcome to the group. As previously stated 41Sqn fly as close to RAF procedure as DCS allows and we are lucky to have an ex-RAF Squadron Commander on our staff as Boss.

I run the OCU, which trains our pilots for 41Sqn. I'm also ex-RAF engineering staff and PPL but now stick to DCS. If you'd like more information on our training, please feel free to join us on the RAFAIR Teamspeak server in the OCU Briefing room any time. Anyone in there will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Sometimes stuff is supposed to fall off....sometimes not.
I still can't be sure which... :?

Officer Commanding F18 OCU
Wing Commander Ade Rhoney - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image

Return to “Introduce Yourself”