Hi folks

Introduce yourself to the RAF Air UK members
Werlin

Hi folks

Post by Werlin »

Hi folks, thanks for accepting my application.

Werlin here, a callsign I've used since my first flight "sim", US Navy Fighters, where I flew the Tomcat. And, guess I was hooked, because I've only really flown the Tomcat after that.
Got myself DCS the day the Tomcat was launched, and have flown - a bit on an off - since then. Got somewhere around 400 hours all together. I'm not good by any means, but I've got a decent grip on the basics like CV operations, AAR and AA and AG and so forth. (I only fly the Tomcat B, can't stand the A-model. I've also sort of tried Spitfire, but I'm still surprised every time I manage to get of the ground in that beautiful plane, so count me out for WW2 missions...)

I'm a member of one squadron already, a great set of guys and gals, but mostly US based, so their time zone is not optimal for someone living in Norway.
I'm therefore very happy to have found you, and hope to be able to join you, have a good laugh, learn from you and - if judged qualified - I would appreciate helping some new folks learning the ropes of the wonderful big cat as fell.

In RL I work as an consultant with quite busy and not always predictable work hours, and spend what little free time I've got sailing in the summer and in the wintertime flying in DCS.

Got Reverb G2, and play exclusively in VR :)

Chris

Re: Hi folks

Post by Chris »

Hi Werlin, welcome shipmate....

Many airframes are catered for here in RAFAIR and if the Tomcat is your preferred steed consider joining 809NAS within CAW (Carrier Air Wing) we are in need of F14 pilots but also fly the F18 in 892NAS. Many pilots also piloting the AV8BNA, Huey and Mi-17 to complete the Naval Strike Group theme. And if you still have a heart I can get you shipshape in the Spit too :)

If that is your choice PM me here or in discord and I'll introduce you to the 809 lads if they miss this post.

You can get all of us by joining Discord....

https://discord.gg/DdKGVtdvFb
Kind Regards
Chris :)

Alien

Post by Alien »

Hi Werlin,
Welcome to RAFAIR mate, you'll be a much needed pilot in 809, looking forward to seeing you on deck.
Shane Cowan callsign: 'ALIEN' - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Welcome mate

I look forward to flying with you!

Matt
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage