Hello again... 3rd time's the charm?

Introduce yourself to the RAF Air UK members
TEMPEST

Hello again... 3rd time's the charm?

Post by TEMPEST »

Hi.

This is my third time joining RAF Air UK. My old accounts and numbers have gone (which I'm sad about as my first was quite low) so now I'm using 'RAF0740'.

Callsign is TEMPEST, which was given to me many, many years ago. I see there's a new member with that callsign, so this might get complicated...

I've been flying in DCS since 2014. I only fly typically 'blue' aircraft and I'm not much of a ground pounder - A2A is my thing, but I can do it when I have to. Although who doesn't love CBU-97's on the F-16?!

I fly:

F-14
F-15E (when it comes out)
F-16
F-18C
AV8BNA (dumb bombs, sidearms and 'winders only atm)
Apache (Pilot & CP/G)
Huey
Gazelle
F-5E
F-86
A-10C2 (I have never actually learnt the HOTAS in this)
TF/P-51D
T-45 (Mod)
I'll be getting the F-4 too.

Obviously the Supercarrier and all the other maps to. I'll even buy Aussie map, but South Atlantic is my favourite so far.

I can't RIO at all and have no interest in that, but I will be learning the WZO position on the F15E.

My previous sqn's didn't like cold starts or full boat CVN recovery procedures (I freakin' LOVE case 3's) and as a real life pilot of over 35 years (Commercial ATPL), I've always preferred a good brief and a hot jet, but I can compromise. :)

In the last few months I've been building my own Superscript to add missing functionality to DCS, as well as mission design, some of which I'm quite proud of. I've also been compiling a 15GB Supermod to add lots of missing stuff to DCS for more interesting mission design / types.

I'm a huge TOP GUN nerd, so my preference is always navy aircraft and my personal liveries I'm sure will earn a few groans, but they make me happy so I don't care. :)

I don't have any of the 'RED' aircraft and I have no interest in them, but I'm happy to fly REDOPFOR in the F-14, F-16, F-5E etc.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”