New Pilot

Introduce yourself to the RAF Air UK members
Calvin MacPhail

New Pilot

Post by Calvin MacPhail »

Greetings,

I'm Calvin, new to DCS and currently learning the A10C II, i'm enjoying learning the airframe and expanding my experience with it and thats why i'm here. I have learned cold starts and have the process down what i feel is well, can take off and land (mostly without crashing now, some rough landings), i've learned some dumb bomb and guns runs to a fair standard but could use some improvement. Recently got the mavericks working and hitting targets and basic use to the TGP, struggling currently with guided weapons but i am always open to learning and improving.

My background is Ex British Army, i served 14 years. I now work as a class 1 truck driver hauling beer around the UK at night 5 nights a week so don't get a huge amount of time to play, mostly from 8pm Uk time on sunday and monday nights.

Currently for DCS i have the A10C II, DCS Syria and Flaming Cliffs 3 pack. I will be looking to expand this in the future but decided to go with the A10 first as i've always loved the aircraft and felt it would help push me to learn something i like first, which seems to be working well.

For flying i'm currently using the X56 hotas, trackir and the logitech side panel from the heavy equipement bundle. I'm more than happy to be on comms and feel i have a great sense of humour from my army days and love some good banter. I'm mainly looking to expand my training with the A10 while having a good laugh at the same time.

I look foward to meeting you all and blowing stuff to bits.

Calvin

Chris

Re: New Pilot

Post by Chris »

Hi Calvin, Welcome, 97 Sqn lads are the A10 folk to look after you - if you have not already made contact, PM Paul(Dragon)0043 on the link below....

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1058
Kind Regards
Chris :)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”