Hi all.

Introduce yourself to the RAF Air UK members
Froggy

Hi all.

Post by Froggy »

This is worse than writing a dating site profile!

Played flight sims for far too many years. From Falcon 4.0 through Allied Force and BMS, the Jane's series, IL2 in it's various forms, and DCS, primarily with the Huey and Ka50.
Been away from simming for a few years now, but dipping my toes in again, primarily with the FA18, because I love carrier ops, but I'll never fully lose my rotorhead roots.

Look forward to flying with you guys soon.

Chris

Re: Hi all.

Post by Chris »

Hi Froggy (an old pilot comrade of mine from years years ago used that handle too - he was into the Huey and KA50 too?)and Welcome to RAF Air.

We have two squadrons that fly the Hornet...

[1] 41 Squadron, where you start in the OCU and learn according to a real to life RAF syllabus mentored by an ex RAF pilot.

and

[2] 892NAS of the Carrier Air Wing. CAW use the but in a carrier cantered role with pilots of varied ability. We use NATOPs procedures rather than RAF with a complete syllabus if you wish to follow it. Many members are also multi skilled in the Tomcat and AV8BNA and secondary or tertiary AC as well as rotaries...

Most discussion and contact is throught RAFAIR Discord, invite here https://discord.gg/DdKGVtdvFb

If you wish to go the F18 route give me a shout and I'll get you sorted.
Kind Regards
Chris :)

Froggy

Post by Froggy »

Wait just a minute! Gizzy? Didn't I pretty much *teach* you the Ka50? :lol: :shock: Wow dude, how cool to find out you're here too!

Chris

Post by Chris »

That you did mate, long long long ago....
Kind Regards
Chris :)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”