A-10C Anomalies

All you need to know about the Hog!
Flyco
Site Admin

A-10C Anomalies

Post by Flyco »

I have noticed one or two anomalies with the A-10C simulation recently. I thought I would list them here to see if anyone else had experienced them, or could suggest solutions.

Firstly, on the LMFCD in TAD, the simulation occasionally starts without the central aircraft symbol. Because the cursor is also centred at this pint, this is an easy one to miss, until you use the TAD cursor, and so I can't be certain whether it is always from the start-up or whether it disappears during flight. Whichever, I can find no way to make the symbol appear, and queries in the ED Forum have produced no sensible solutions. So I fly the rest of the sortie sans symbol. Not a crippling fault but a little annoying when positioning for an attack or an approach using the TAD.

The second, also on the LMFCD, is that occasionally, on start up the TAD is not set as OSD 15. This is relatively easy to fix, but takes time at start-up and is annoying. Again, anyone any suggestions or thoughts.

What I am not sure of at present is whether it is in both 2.0 and 1.5, but I will try and keep a record in future.

Perhaps we could keep this topic for general questions about the A-10C, such as those above. If anyone has any queries of their own, post them here, and you can trawl the significant knowledge within RAF AIR UK.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

David Lindau

Re: A-10C Anomalies

Post by David Lindau »

Yepp, I've noticed the missing own aircraft symbol as-well, no idea whats causing it.

As for the OSB setup, it is possible for the mission designer to "prepp" the aircraft. So if your experiencing it on the same mission, It might very well come from the mission designer. I don't think there is any right or wrong allocation of the MFCD pages, I usually roll with 2x TAD displays, one with map and one w/o.

That said I've been mixing up my TAD screens quite a-lot lately, but I think most of that stems from inadvertent coolie hat usage.

/D

Flyco
Site Admin

Re: A-10C Anomalies

Post by Flyco »

Thanks David. At least I now know that the missing aircraft symbol is not just me. The MFCD set-up is as you say easy to fix, just a hassle.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Return to “A-10C Warthog - ED”