what happened to enfeild? they got terrorized by 2 su 25s
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

john (scooby)

Re: Tuesday 10th December 2019

Post by john (scooby) »

quick assesment,
i was expecting myself to be terrible because i havnt touched the game in weeks, turned out quite well tbh.
i couldnt get srs working so was on ts.
we had our 1st ever 4 ship and we wernt very organised (rust) and we lost 4 due to lag.
mutley and shane patrolled wp2 and i took wp3.
i saw enfield having trouble with a pair of su25s but couldnt ask them if they required assistence and really didnt want to drop live fox 3s into a gaggle of friendlies uninvited/unannounced!.
it appears that the sus took out 3 of enfield and neil disengaged, i then moved in to take out the remaining su.

mutley and shane took out the migs north while i returned to wp3.
another pair of su 25s came in so i went and took care of them.
another pair of mig 29s appeared north and between the 3 of us we removed them.
i then rtb winchester and expected to go to bed, turns out we lost the 2 uzis to migs/sams so i hastily rearmed and went full beans to intercept the remaining mig 29 that was threatening the a10s.
i fired 2 phoenix at long range mainly to get him defensive and distracted while i closed at full reheat, this worked beautifully and when he turned around to engage me after running the 1st 2 out of energy i gave him another, this did the trick (surprisingly!!)
home for tea, medals and 5 hours sleep lol. i hope there were no more red air because afaik there was no cap left
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Paul(Dragon)0043
Site Admin

Post by Paul(Dragon)0043 »

Yep absolutely cracking mission for the A-10's, I reckon over 30 convoy targets destroyed, plus all the artillery units, well done Tusk & Hog. And I believe they all got home as well.

My thanks to the CAP guys, who did a superb job at keeping the nme fighters at bay, I think I briefly had a Mig 29 trace on my RWR just once during the flight, but it was quickly dispatched.

Well done everyone involved for a truly superb night.
"Je Vois Tout"

Wing Commander Paul"Dragon"Ratcliffe - RAF AIR UK
ImageImage
97 Squadron
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mutley

Post by Mutley »

Well now what can i say that has not already been said, very vert well done toeveryone who flew last nite. As for UZI Flight what a shower ...........Of absolute surberb airmanship ...dispite losing one on our number due to lag who the galaenty rejoin and rejioned us in the furball.

Snoopys effort was amamzing as watched from my chute after taking 2 missile hits from a nasty mig who was so tight in behide me he mights awell have been sait in my lap.

Shane and father well now seeing as you not flown many operation flight very very well donr you stuck with ur leads you splashed a few migs coms every thing were good.

Nothing much more to say that has not been said apart from UZI flight Very very Well done Indeed lets try and keep it up real life permitting, Aplesure to fly with you all , Home tea and medals oh and Alan is buying us a beer or 6 in the mess last one there is a rotton Mig.

OHH nearly forgot UZI flight has some Gun Cam footage which is being prossed as you read this it shud prove rather funny mentioning no names hehehhehe

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Mutley wrote: 11 Dec 2019, 08:33 Well now what can i say that has not already been said, very vert well done toeveryone who flew last nite. As for UZI Flight what a shower ...........Of absolute surberb airmanship ...dispite losing one on our number due to lag who the galaenty rejoin and rejioned us in the furball.

Snoopys effort was amamzing as watched from my chute after taking 2 missile hits from a nasty mig who was so tight in behide me he mights awell have been sait in my lap.

Shane and father well now seeing as you not flown many operation flight very very well donr you stuck with ur leads you splashed a few migs coms every thing were good.

Nothing much more to say that has not been said apart from UZI flight Very very Well done Indeed lets try and keep it up real life permitting, Aplesure to fly with you all , Home tea and medals oh and Alan is buying us a beer or 6 in the mess last one there is a rotton Mig.

OHH nearly forgot UZI flight has some Gun Cam footage which is being prossed as you read this it shud prove rather funny mentioning no names hehehhehe

Can't wait for the videos.
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

All I can is it was an enjoyable night despite the issues.

After a looong wait for the server to behave itself I got about 5 miles out from Lochini before I started getting massive lag spikes and a game freeze.

Relogging in I found myself unable to see the server despite seeing every other server in the world and you guys playing on it! I guess for some reason the server had fallen out with me.

Several relogs later I finally saw it, logged in and restarted my cat. Thee rest of UZI were already on CAP by now and I blasted my way across the map to rejoin just as Scooby was off to lend a hand to Enfield and their SU-25 problems.

A pretty dangerous incursion over the northern border by me and Mutley ended with a wave of migs destroyed but a loss of Shane in 2 as he swooped in behind us to fly support.

While Scooby winged his way back to us another flight of Migs launched as I was heading back to the border, but rather than leave Mutley alone in enemy territory I turned back to engage the migs. As I got the migs in my sights Jester must have gone for a break because I couldn't get a pheonix hook at all. By the time I had switched over to Sparrows and locked one of the migs up I was on top of them and had to go defensive as I loosed the aim 7. Being totally radar guided it ultimately missed its target as I broke lock when I rolled to avoid an incoming missile. I survived that one to find myself on the sticky end of another missile that had been fired from another mig which had swung in from the north west. It was taken out by Mutley I think but shortly after, the remaining mig had gotten in behind him and fired a missile from virtually point blank range.

This prompted Scooby who had RTB'd to rearm and head out to finish the job. Several long range pheonix shots did the trick and it was back to base for bed.

Well done all.
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Well, the good news is that - in the end - we did OK with the main task. The bad news is that, as a result of the server's fit of pique, we eventually flew the wrong mission!

As a result, the Su-25s were not parked as advertised and so Enfield only hit one out of the eight. Only 2 ac appeared to have dropped, and one of those took out his own ac. I do not understand why the SAM-6 did not fire, since I don't think Springfield got airborne to do their SEAD stuff.

Nevertheless, as has been mentioned, Uzi did sterling work, and, as a result the Red AFV column was taken apart.

I have now removed all traces of earlier versions from the Server, and we will try to fly the latest one on at some other day.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

The chaotic start really killed the settled and focussed beginning for most of us I feel. I can only apologize for the failure to begin on time, but unfortunately, the server was playing up and even a couple of reboots failed to settle it down for me. I presume Simon had more luck in the end? Can you give me some quick action procedures for getting it settled and working properly if it should recur Simon?

As for the mission versions, it is always best to have just the intended copy on dropbox to avoid confusion. Can we make sure that happens from now on please?

Nevertheless, I think we all drew some valuable lessons from the whole thing. We had a great turnout too.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Paul(Dragon)0043
Site Admin

Post by Paul(Dragon)0043 »

Hi Neil, I managed to get the server running this morning.

On further investigation, I found a syntax error in the "advanced" section of the Missions.Lua file, that was preventing the server from running anything.

Once I'd corrected it, the server started running again.

P.S. It's always B***** syntax.
"Je Vois Tout"

Wing Commander Paul"Dragon"Ratcliffe - RAF AIR UK
ImageImage
97 Squadron
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Interesting.

Is everyone aware that we no longer need to use LUA files to change missions? The browser interface functions correctly now, so that should end the syntax issue once and for all.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Squadron Flights”