Return to normal Tuesday joint missions

Details Of Online Flight Nights
Neil Willis
Site Admin

Re: Return to normal Tuesday joint missions

Post by Neil Willis »

Anything that simplifies things will be a good idea. I’m happy to go with that plan Alan, so lets’s get that implemented across the board.

If you created a standard set of frees and pass it around all the mission writers we can make sure it is always the same.

Thanks.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Father Cool wrote: 08 Apr 2020, 09:46 Sounds Good Alan.

Regarding the comms, I was set at 127.7 on the 182, 251.0 on the 159 and on teamspeak within the 11th squadron 'room' as two of our guys had SRS issues. I have no idea how Paul was hearing any of our comms as it shouldn't have been anywhere near his frequencies. It's all very odd.
Yeh that sounds like an srs issue, i never moved from 127.7 and 251, i also never heard anybody else apart from the odd call on 251,
We had no tacan from the carrier either, not sure if its yet another new bug or not
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Danny
Site Admin

Post by Danny »

Neil Willis wrote: 08 Apr 2020, 07:43 Tacview hasn’t been set up on the new server yet, so it may be difficult to find a good recording.
Tacview doesn't necessarily need to be installed on the server, but exports have be set to yes in permissions.
Tacview 3.PNG
Tacview 3.PNG (534.68 KiB) Viewed 1624 times
Should look like this:
Tacview 2.PNG
Tacview 2.PNG (26.86 KiB) Viewed 1624 times
Not this:
Tacview 1.PNG
Tacview 1.PNG (47.69 KiB) Viewed 1624 times
I have checked, and those items weren't all checked, but now, they are. Thanks Danny, it was an oversight.
Wing Commander Andrew 'Danny' Daniel - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

Flyco wrote: 08 Apr 2020, 09:39 Regarding frequencies etc, we did agree some time ago to use the same frequency for Carriers etc on every mission. I suggest we standardise on Carriers, AWACs and AAR ac with standard Frequencies and TACAN channels for all Blue AI elements. After all, we do not change the airfield frequencies between missions.

We could also stick to the same callsigns for the different Tankers, which would avoid F-18s trying to get fuel from a 'boomer' and A-10s trying to get fuel from a 'droguer'. It would all help us concentrate what little grey matter some of us have left on essentials.

If everyone agrees I will draw up a kneepad page, with all this 'fixed' data which could be included in each mission.
I think this is an excellent idea!
Plt Off Ian 'Robbo' Robson
Image Image

0413 Luis

Post by 0413 Luis »

Hi all
Thank you Alan, for bring us yesterday mission.
To me, everything was fine, except the fact I done the error not to check were I was at 12000ft and in range from ground threats. So, I can only complain about my self.
I notice I couln't hear anyone on 251UHF, so I didn't know how things were in general mission. I only got the advise on 251UHF when I was on approach without weels (Thank you to who did it ;) , I was about to block all the runway).
I guess a map on our kneeboard or briefing will make us understand in each way, one flight is related to the other, and wich targets must be announced if kill of fail to, to all coalition, and off course our role in general scenario.

But again, I thank you for all the effort for in a such short time do all that work.
I hope everyone coments help to "polish" what seem to be a fun moment to all Raf Air UK, and if need some help (maps, briefings, etc ...) just let me know.

Cheers

Return to “Squadron Flights”