Post by 309 Geoff »

Yes please. A-10C armed and ready.
Flt Lt Geoff Mansfield RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Re: Mission Night 14 Apr 2020

Post by Flyco »

The final brief for tonight - Boar and Hog is attached. Also attached is a rough map of the area.

There will be no brief for Pontiac. If there are sufficient players to require Pontiac to take part, they will attach to Enfield.
Attachments
Boar and Hog Brief.pdf
(584.72 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
Northern Clout Map2 .2.png
Northern Clout Map2 .2.png (5.74 MiB) Viewed 2268 times
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Richard Rodgers
Site Admin

Post by Richard Rodgers »

I'm in Alan if not to late to book a seat
Gp Captain Richard Rodgers - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image Image Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Not at all Richard - welcome aboard. There seem to be a lot of A-10C drivers on holiday.
Image Image Image Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

OK, guys, thanks for all your efforts tonight.

Lots of problems with timing at the start, which I will try and look at curing. However, the F-16s, F14s and F18s seemed to do well; and I apologise to the Harriers who were caught by the timing problem.

The A-10s? - well let's draw a curtain over that. I got shot down twice and never hit a single target. Most of the others coped a lot better - I think I must be over-trained.

Please let me have any comments here. Just be gentle with me, my ego is a bit fragile at the moment.
Image Image Image Image

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

that went smoother than last week.
anybody else got a working tacview file i could look at please? mine wont even open tonights
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

It went well from the point of view of the F-18s. We took out both SA6 batteries, and one of the other SAMs.

The tanker worked well, and so did the AWACS. Our only issue was losing the TACAN when on approach to the Stennis. There one minute, dead the next. But we both recovered successfully as we had already got a good fix on it’s location.

One small hiccup was me getting shot down after the SEAD portion of the sortie. I re-started and joined again. My only observation is that the poor enemy fighters were surrounded by a gaggle of aircraft. We need to get a little more organised on CAP with sectors for each pair to patrol, rather than everyone getting into a free for all perhaps.

Thanks Alan, it was a good mission for us.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Paul(Dragon)0043
Site Admin

Post by Paul(Dragon)0043 »

For once, I didn't get shot down by a Tunguska, thanks for being a missile magnet, Alan. I had a DCS crash with my first aircraft, 2nd aircraft fared much better. with a superb 3 ship simultaneous landing back at Kutaisi, to top it all off. Fantastic evening. Cracking mission, Alan.
"Je Vois Tout"

Wing Commander Paul"Dragon"Ratcliffe - RAF AIR UK
ImageImage
97 Squadron
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

while on station i watched a couple of beautiful harrier landings on the carrier!
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

maggsy

Post by maggsy »

A good mission Alan thank you.
From 3(F) Sqd perspective we had our tasking and were able to complete it ( we had 1 RTB due to battle damage and a numpty leader who found the only tall tree on his run to the IP, my excuse is it was a very tall tree and it was in RealTree Camo )
The Maykop Sam site was not eliminated but it proved to be ineffective to our attack and only launched a single missile at the attacking A/C but it only flew for 6 seconds before self destructing . Despite losing 2 A/C from the package on the ingress Beanie and Dutch both pressed on and were able to destroy the designated targets, again well done both of you,
Were bounced 3 times on our ingress but were able too defend and eliminate these A/C ( well done Dutch, Beanie and Merlin some good close quarter fighting there gents) I will mention we did see too many Aim 54's fired into/towards our furball ( sorry F14's but this is you guys) non of which tracked their intended and passed through our formation, firing into a furball or towards a blue formation will not end well.

Overall the mission went well however Comms does still remain the fly in our ointment. we really need to work on nailing down this aspect of all our ops ( I hold my hand up as a prime suspect for getting this wrong, but I am working on improving my comms SOP's ) AWACS freq was hardly used to pass useful information to the whole package or individual units ( an example buddy spike F14 at my 12 oclock I had to say that a couple of times) Last night during our flight we had a series lat longs from the A10's and a debrief from the harriers, the only person I was aware of using that freq correctly was Mutley he declared his position in relation to mine, we confirmed hdg and alt end of msg . A pat on the back for Mutters and a boneo too ...
Flight Lieutenant Steve "maggsy" Maggs - RAFAir UK
ImageImage

Return to “Squadron Flights”