Mission Night 14 Apr 2020

Details Of Online Flight Nights
Flyco
Site Admin

Re: Mission Night 14 Apr 2020

Post by Flyco »

I am not knocking anyone's suggestions. But it just seems un-necessary. What exactly is wrong with using a single common frequency and a discrete frequency for each flight? Everyone can call for help, whether that is for a fighter unit to get a red fighter off their back, or call in SEAD to take out a troublesome SAM.

However, whatever system is used will require proper R/T discipline. That is what the problem was on Tuesday. Good airmanship demands good discipline.

As for having 2 AWACs frequencies, I was not aware that could be done. Do both AWACs report all threats, or is each flight allocated to a specific AWACs?
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

Flyco wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 15:30 I am not knocking anyone's suggestions. But it just seems un-necessary. What exactly is wrong with using a single common frequency and a discrete frequency for each flight? Everyone can call for help, whether that is for a fighter unit to get a red fighter off their back, or call in SEAD to take out a troublesome SAM.

However, whatever system is used will require proper R/T discipline. That is what the problem was on Tuesday. Good airmanship demands good discipline.

As for having 2 AWACs frequencies, I was not aware that could be done. Do both AWACs report all threats, or is each flight allocated to a specific AWACs?
Again I agree. The 251 channel is pretty quite most of the time. It's fine for doing intra flight comms. It only needs to be used when necessary and everyone can monitor whats happening in the big picture. Works fine I say. We just need to use it.
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

oz555

Post by oz555 »

I should stay away from keyboards and forums.....Causing trouble again.. :)

It was just a suggestion from the perspective of a relatively new pilot to MP. If I was a squadron lead, having a PTT to the other leads only to ask a question on their progress, or to discuss DCS problems without having to use brevity or take up radio comms is what I would want.

No worries though, seems like 251 is preferable.
Flight Lieutenant Mike Ozanne - RAF Air UK
Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Squadron Flights”