idea for squadron missions

Details Of Online Flight Nights
john (scooby)

idea for squadron missions

Post by john (scooby) »

it seems to me the the poor mission planners are being overwhelmed with requests from the various squadrons for tuesday mission nights, due to the proliferation of multirole ac, (f18 f16 and even f14).
heres an idea. how about the squadrons make their own missions too say for thursdays? ie for f14s have 1 or 2 pair dropping lgbs and the remainder doing a fighter sweep 1st.
none of this is new but maybe we should look at organising this i little more thoroughly?
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Re: idea for squadron missions

Post by Neil Willis »

Very true Scooby.

The second server also means we can split Tuesday nights down the middle too.

Whatever works best will be the way to proceed. The numbers mean catering to all is a Herculean task indeed!
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

I totally agree with this. That way we can still have squadrons working together but its not such a massive task as to get every single ac involved in 1 mission.

I would also like to see a campaign style set of missions where maybe the results of the two seperate servers effects what goes on in the next missions for both servers missions. i.e there may be some reccy work done on one server identifying and photographing future targets with co-ordinates etc and then on the other server that info is fed to the bombers etc for next part of their mission. Like wise if a mission fails to take out certain assets then those assets are fed into a subsequent mission for either that same server or the other one. Just a thought.
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Father Cool wrote: 14 Apr 2020, 09:36 I totally agree with this. That way we can still have squadrons working together but its not such a massive task as to get every single ac involved in 1 mission.

I would also like to see a campaign style set of missions where maybe the results of the two seperate servers effects what goes on in the next missions for both servers missions. i.e there may be some reccy work done on one server identifying and photographing future targets with co-ordinates etc and then on the other server that info is fed to the bombers etc for next part of their mission. Like wise if a mission fails to take out certain assets then those assets are fed into a subsequent mission for either that same server or the other one. Just a thought.
thats how the badger missions work, i really like it
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

That's definitely workable. All we need is for mission writers to pool resources, and agree to a general theme for that to work well.

They do of course carry a lot of weight, so anyone who want's to join that band of brothers would be very welcome.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Squadron Flights”