Tuesday 28th April 2020

Details Of Online Flight Nights
Chris

Re: Tuesday 28th April 2020

Post by Chris »

To clarify, just for information of anyone interested, forgetting about deck sliding in the past... (most of that was fixed) Deck sliding on the Tarawa became a major issue 2 beta builds ago. The last build on the 22nd of this month acknowledged it was still an issue and caused by Ships speed being calculated with errors thereby not integrating correctly with AC on deck. On a cold start the time taken to start and arm often leads to AC collisions and sometime sit it is impossible to even arm as the grumpy chief gets fed up issuing cautions for movement and goes away in hump muttering 'can not comply'. In a hot start into an armed AC will 95% of the time get you off if you take off immediately.... but to be safe you need TO before the next guy spawn in..

Alternatives are not an issue
Kind Regards
Chris :)

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

the main issues it caused for us were colliding with each other at spawn in and because its bouncing around ground crew wont hook up the power
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

They often won’t re-arm either.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

There are now three versions of this mission on the Server.

The original, which I have checked and does exhibit the problems described. I have retained it solely so that we can check when, or if, ED fix the ship speed bug.

A land-based one (Op Northern Clout 2.2lb), in which, as the title suggests, is totally land base, with the ships entirely removed.

A modified Carrier-based one (Op Northern Clout 2.2cb), in which the ship speeds have all been reduced to below 20 kts, and the wind increased slightly to give over 25 kts along the deck. I have checked this and so far a s I can tell there is 'rocking and rolling' on the decks, and changes of fuel-load and payload (of the F-18s at least), can be carried out.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Perfect!
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Squadron Flights”