Post by john (scooby) »

i wont be in the air tonight lads, too knackered from work
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Mad dog

Re: Tuesday 5th May 2020

Post by Mad dog »

Flyco wrote: 05 May 2020, 15:50 I have to say, this outfit is going to the dogs, and I am rapidly losing patience. Everything is changed by all and sundry without any notification. I'm getting too old for this.
You need to take a break from mission writing mate, you'll get burned out with all this. Let me know if you need a hand with anything, I'm not a super guru on the mission editor but I have done some stuff in the past.
Flight Lieutenant
Steve "Mad dog" Loates
RAF Air UK - XI (F) Sqn

Sqn Chief Flying Instructor

Image Image
Image ImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Neil, my problem is that I do not have the .exe file from the earlier version.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Chris

Post by Chris »

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRa ... ag/1.7.8.1
DO NOT USE THE AUTO INSTALLER in the unzip - it will install 1.8.0.2. SO copy all the files in the unzip and simply paste in C:\Program Files\DCS-SimpleRadio-Standalone\ overwriting what's there and test your connection to RAFAIR server.
Kind Regards
Chris :)

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

SR-ClientRadio.zip
(5.96 MiB) Downloaded 122 times
Download, unzip this, and replace the original EXE file.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Thanks for organising.

The A-10's had a great night with everything destroyed. I even managed a landing that hasn't happened in a long time! :D

Cheers
Andrew
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Dutch

Post by Dutch »

Thanks for the mission night. I do have a couple of points to make. This is not about thrash talking, more to help improve.

As what i understood from Colt 1 flight, they had F18's strafing their targets while on station. This IMO should not happend, whats the purpose of them being there. This also means CAP is not being provided. This will also increase the danger of mid-air collisions.

Colt 2 flight went for Maykop. I believe it was agreed that someone was going to take out the SAM there. That didn't happend. Luckly i went for SEAD loadout, just in case. This all effects the outcome of the mission. I also got locked by a buddy for a fair bit of time, to in return hear they want to know where i am. Keep in mind my RWR goes ringing.

I understand some fly for fun, some more dedicated. I do think we all can agree that this should not happen. If we did something wrong, i would also aprreciate to know. Again thanks for the mission.

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Guilty as charged Dutch.

We were waiting for some red air to get airborne, but they were very reluctant to do so. Without knowing what airfield you were attacking, we didn't have any knowledge of Harriers in the vicinity, and as you were not visible on RWR, the only way to establish SA was to lock up and ID what was out there. It sometimes takes a while for the engine fan data to compute I am afraid in the F-18.

The real issue is having to fudge together missions without everyone knowing where friendlies are meant to be operating. We'll get on top of that soon I hope.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Neil Willis wrote: 06 May 2020, 18:26 Guilty as charged Dutch.

We were waiting for some red air to get airborne, but they were very reluctant to do so. Without knowing what airfield you were attacking, we didn't have any knowledge of Harriers in the vicinity, and as you were not visible on RWR, the only way to establish SA was to lock up and ID what was out there. It sometimes takes a while for the engine fan data to compute I am afraid in the F-18.

The real issue is having to fudge together missions without everyone knowing where friendlies are meant to be operating. We'll get on top of that soon I hope.
its a recurring problem that different air to air groups are getting in each others way, this has led multiple times to blue on blue.
we need to get a procedure in place to prevent this. maybe 1 group having control of that airspace and any others requesting permission to get involved in air to air in that zone??
either way we NEED to tell each other where we are and what were doing
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Mutley

Post by Mutley »

not saying a dammed word . :evil:

Return to “Squadron Flights”