Tuesday 19th May 2020

Details Of Online Flight Nights
maggsy

Re: Tuesday 19th May 2020

Post by maggsy »

Pongo wrote: 10 May 2020, 19:30
Father Cool wrote: 10 May 2020, 19:06
Mutley wrote: 10 May 2020, 13:19

wait and see all will be reveiled in briefings and when u get in the pit and que evil laugh
Yeah not sure wait and see on th night is good prep!
Not once did I ever go on an operational deployment without an overarching idea of the mission goal or my general role in it. Intel that was specific to the in hand task came as it was received, but prior to deployment, we did beat up training based on the general scenario. Going in blind, does not end with success usually.

I'm assuming more Intel will come out prior to kick off.
Gents please sit back and wait until your told, all will be revealed when the time comes. The Mission planner has spent months preparing this whole thing for your entertainment, if he needed you to know anything ahead of time he would have provided a brief, as it is your squadron leaders have all the infor they need and are under instructions to not divulge any aspect of the event until the time is right.

We had fun during testing and hope you guys have as much when we do it for real
Flight Lieutenant Steve "maggsy" Maggs - RAFAir UK
ImageImage

Mad dog

Post by Mad dog »

Fair enough Maggsey, no worries.
Flight Lieutenant
Steve "Mad dog" Loates
RAF Air UK - XI (F) Sqn

Sqn Chief Flying Instructor

Image Image
Image ImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

maggsy wrote: 10 May 2020, 23:02
Pongo wrote: 10 May 2020, 19:30
Father Cool wrote: 10 May 2020, 19:06

Yeah not sure wait and see on th night is good prep!
Not once did I ever go on an operational deployment without an overarching idea of the mission goal or my general role in it. Intel that was specific to the in hand task came as it was received, but prior to deployment, we did beat up training based on the general scenario. Going in blind, does not end with success usually.

I'm assuming more Intel will come out prior to kick off.
Gents please sit back and wait until your told, all will be revealed when the time comes. The Mission planner has spent months preparing this whole thing for your entertainment, if he needed you to know anything ahead of time he would have provided a brief, as it is your squadron leaders have all the infor they need and are under instructions to not divulge any aspect of the event until the time is right.

We had fun during testing and hope you guys have as much when we do it for real
i just wanted to know what our role is maggsy so we can train to prevent ppp, im not fussed about specifics yet
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Mutley

Post by Mutley »

John you cant plan for or train for its thats simple now just wait and see , this is exacly why iam against OCU some things arnt trainable or planablle no matter how many times you sit in a classroom its all down to the indivail skills and drills and williness to survie .

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Mutley wrote: 11 May 2020, 08:48 John you cant plan for or train for its thats simple now just wait and see , this is exacly why iam against OCU some things arnt trainable or planablle no matter how many times you sit in a classroom its all down to the indivail skills and drills and williness to survie .
its not specific planning its general, are we a-a or a-g?
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Mutley

Post by Mutley »

john (scooby) wrote: 11 May 2020, 08:54
Mutley wrote: 11 May 2020, 08:48 John you cant plan for or train for its thats simple now just wait and see , this is exacly why iam against OCU some things arnt trainable or planablle no matter how many times you sit in a classroom its all down to the indivail skills and drills and williness to survie .
its not specific planning its general, are we a-a or a-g?
i give up just wait dam it, not relavant at all , i give up stop baggering me i wont tell , you wil however skin me alive on the pan when you land

Beanie

Post by Beanie »

F-16 please.
Sqn Leader Andrew "Beanie" Benson - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image ImageImageImage

Jamie195

Post by Jamie195 »

Apologies for short notice but I can no longer make this mission. (Would have been flying the A-10C)

Paul(Dragon)0043
Site Admin

Post by Paul(Dragon)0043 »

That's a shame, I think you would of liked it.

Ah well R/L takes precedence.
"Je Vois Tout"

Wing Commander Paul"Dragon"Ratcliffe - RAF AIR UK
ImageImage
97 Squadron
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Jamie195

Post by Jamie195 »

Sorry I was meant to post this for the Mission on the 12th May.

To confirm I can do this mission in the A-10C for the 19th May!

Return to “Squadron Flights”