Tuesday 9th June 2020

Details Of Online Flight Nights
Neil Willis
Site Admin

Tuesday 9th June 2020

Post by Neil Willis »

Tonight's mission will be a re-run of Op Northern Clout.

Pre-flight briefing - 19:30 hrs Alpha.

Take off - 20:00 hrs Alpha.

Mission briefing sheets will be made available in this thread shortly.

Please note missions may be recorded and published, including voice track. If you wish to make a recording, please make the mission commander aware prior to joining the server. All pilots should assume their comments may reach a wider audience, and act accordingly.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Re: Tuesday 9th June 2020

Post by Flyco »

An updated brief will be issued this weekend. The Mission is the same general shape as before, but now includes up to 2 Flts each of A-10s, F-16s for airfield attack and helicopter interdiction, F-14s for CAP, F-18s for SEAD, and AV-8Bs for airfield attack and helicopter interdiction.

The mathematicians among you will realise that this will require 40 pilots. I would therefore like an estimate of the number of pilots that each Sqn Cdr can provide by late on Saturday. I will then shave the opposition to meet our capability. Obviously, if, on the day, actual number vary greatly from those promised, it will impact on the mission, so try to be realistic.

Outline brief by Sat evening. Individual Flt briefs by Sun evening - all being well.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

I have attached my initial draft of the outline briefs for the F-18s, F-16s, and AV-8Bs. Obviously routes, frequencies etc will all be added, but I would like to check early that there are no immediate 'God! No!'s before I fill in too much detail. The Harriers are much as the last time, plus an incursion beyond Sochi looking for R/W. Dodge is as last time, and Ford, is there and back, keeping 10-20 nm off the coast. It goes without saying that, if the SEAD doesn't hit all its allocated SAMs, it does become a bit more fun!

I would be grateful if inputs came from, or at least via, a senior, definitive source on each of the aircaft types involved. And the earlier the better.

I am familiar with the A-10C requirements, and the F-14s are relatively easy to change; nevertheless do make any special requests if you wish - again via an authoratitive adult. However, in the case of the F14, I would be grateful for an indication of where the CAPS would best be positioned, plus any 'special requests'. Migs are based at Sochi, Maykop, Gelendzhik, and Minerale Vody, although they may not all be activated depending on the state of play.

As mentioned last time, all ac have two flights of 4, but I do not expect that many. I will try and keep 2 flights per ac type, but can only do this if there are at least four ac of each type. The exception is the F-18, which, at a pinch can go do HARM as a singleton.
Attachments
Op Northern Clout - Routes & Tgts.pdf
(757.07 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
Image Image Image Image

Dutch

Post by Dutch »

In with F18

309 Geoff

Post by 309 Geoff »

Apologies, I will not be able to take part this Tuesday.

Fly Safe.
Flt Lt Geoff Mansfield RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

An overall outline brief for Op Northern Clout is attached, together with a map illustrating the main routes (albeit not very easy to read).

I think there should be enough detail for individual flights commanders to put together more detailed briefs for their individual flights including frequencies and (for the F-14s) CAPs. Can I ask sqn Cdrs to nominate Flt Ldrs and flight members, and let me have the details - particlarly total numbers per flight. I have no objections to minor changes, speeds minor track adjustments etc, but please let me know asap so that I can check that it does not impinge on other elements.

Any questions from individuals should go through their flt cdr so as to keep everyone on the same plan.

Once I know numbers I may adjust some of the flights accordingly, and even take off some tasks, if numbers are too low.
Attachments
OP Northern Clout.pdf
(770.99 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
Northern Clout.png
Northern Clout.png (5.62 MiB) Viewed 3136 times
Image Image Image Image

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

97 Squadron
Paul
Andrew
Phil
Louis

But I am expecting a couple of late comers, so we can probably do 2 flights of 3.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

11 squadron attendance

Scooby/Shaggy
Alien
Father cool