Tuesday 9th June 2020

Details Of Online Flight Nights
Flyco
Site Admin

Re: Tuesday 9th June 2020

Post by Flyco »

I was not aware of the F-14 HUD problem.

However, the F-16s did have a problem with their HUD being almost impossible to see against the sky. I flew the F-16 earlier today and it was quite difficult to see. However today's update has fixed that and it is now clearly visible.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Did all F-14s suffer the same problems? My guess is it was an alignment issue, or a bug introduced with the update. If it was just you, there is the answer. If it was global, blame a bug. One thing we can be pretty certain of, it wasn’t Flyco’s fault.

That is the trouble with updates. They do bad stuff too.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

I never said it was Alans fault. I was just replying to Alans post implying that there was nothing wrong last night when clearly there was. The issue doesn't happen when in single player so it very much seems that the issues are server/multiplayer related.

There was something clearly wrong and it isn't the first time. It seems to happen from time to time with the F14 where the alignment isn't correct for bombing. It isn't something that happens to just me. Shane and Scooby have both reported this from time to time. Of course it only rears its head when switching to a/g mode. I will record it next time and you will see what the issue is. There were also several issues that affected the CAP guys as well last night when waypoints weren't being reported correctly in pit.
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

I suppose the obvious thing to do would be to see if other people encounter the problem on the ED forum. If they do, has it been reported to Leatherneck?

The point is, if it’s a bug, it has nothing to do with the mission. If it isn’t being reported more widely, is it indeed an alignment issue, and if so, has the procedure changed?
ImageImageImage

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

I've raised it on the forum. We'll see whats what on there.

The procedure hasn't changed and its intermittent whether it happens so I can't see it being anything we are doing when aligning or it would be an issue every time. It only ever happens in multiplayer.

Jester does the alignment utomatically in the back. You just have to tell him what level to do, we always choose fine alignment, and wait for him to complete the job. Can't do anything else.
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

yeah we have several intermittent bugs in the cat and that night just about all of them reared their head!
my waypoints were exactly where my rio put them until we got there and then it decided the waypoint we were at is suddenly 250+ miles away :lol: nobody blamed alan and im very sorry if he felt like we were
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

My shoulders are broad, my back is strong, and my mind is too addled to notice if I am being traduced.

Don't fret over it.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Sorry if I sound a little defensive in this thread generally, but our poor mission planners, for the most part, hear some things that can be interpreted as pretty scathing things in the post mission debrief. By all means point out factors over which they do have the ability to amend or update to improve missions, that is what they're for. However, please try to be analytical in your responses, and try to restrict them to matters we can sort out.

Bugs, while extremely annoying, and justly complained about, are things over which we have no control whatsoever. Bitch, scream, shout, kick the cat even. Just make it clear where the issue lays, and try not to be misinterpreted here.

If however I misunderstood, then I apologise. Some here know only too well that misdirected ire can have deep and personal consequences, and we should always aim to keep our talk, particularly in writing, polite, civil and fair.
ImageImageImage

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

With all due respect the response was in reply to Alans post that we did not stick to, follow or acheive our brief and his implied despair at that.

I was simply stating that we did actually follow the brief and any failure in acheiving any of our objectives were due to issues that were out of our control.
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

That second paragraph is exactly the kind of reply we would like.

A second post, in the F-14 thread detailing issues would fill in the blanks.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Squadron Flights”