Tuesday 9th June 2020

Details Of Online Flight Nights
Flyco
Site Admin

Re: Tuesday 9th June 2020

Post by Flyco »

Individual Flight briefs for tomorrows mission are attached for Colt, Chevvy, Dodge and Ford. Flight leaders should use these to prepare briefs for their flights.

I have not produced detailed briefs for briefs for the A-10s and the F1-4s. Instead here is a short series of notes:

A-10C - No significant change to previous exercise, other than greater involvement of F-18s (Springfield and Enfield). They should have taken out the SAM-6 before A-10s get on site, and should also have weapons left to take out both Tunguskas. They will operate in liaison with Boar and Hog, and can use their LTP and GBU-1s to help with conventional attacks. It will be up to the A-10s to identify targets for them to attack. they will also be acting as close-in defence from fighters. F-16s may also be available for AD after 0915, if required. It will be us to the A-10s to sort out suitable mutual frequencies.

F-14 - Also little change. Uzi and Pontiac will be operating from CVN-71 (Theodore Roosevelt) BRS 100(M), Freq 127.6, Tacan 71X, ICLS Chan 11, speed 18 kts into an 8 kt headwind. I will leave it to OC F-14s to put the details together, but they should not be on CAP before 0830, so as not to flush the birds early. The potential opposition will be Mig-21s from Sochi, Migs-29s from Geldenzik and Maykop, and Su-33s from Minerale. They will come at regular intervals, although the hope is that many will be taken out by initial airfield attacks by the Harriers and Vipers. AWACs will operate on 251.0.

F-18s - a bit complex. I am not sur how many F-18s will turn up. Ideally I need at least 4, in 2 flight; one flight from Sukhumi to take out the SAMs in the Valley and the East, and one flt from Abe Lincoln, to take out the SAMs in the North and West. It is critical that these are taken out by a specific time, to let the F16s get their runs at the airfields. If anything goes wrong it will require a little planning on the hoof, and I am trying to cover these options in a brief - I will also brief on the night. With the SAMs and Tunguskas dead, there also may be a need for the F-18s with their LTPs and GBU-12s. I have attached the interim SEAD brief but I have not yet finished checking it. I will try and get any changes out early tomorrow, but they should not be very significant. In the meantime, it would help if I knew how many F-18 jockeys were hoping to fly.
Attachments
Op NC SEAD Brief.doc
(24 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
Op NC Ford Brief.pdf
(754.8 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Op NC Colt Brief.pdf
(766.72 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
Op NC AV-8B Brief.pdf
(764.18 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

A corrected version of the Ford brief is attached.

Also attached is the final brief (I hope) for Enfield and Springfield.

If anyone has any questions about any of the briefs please put them on this thread, and I will try to respond asap.
Attachments
Op NC Ford Brief.pdf
(756.49 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Op NC SEAD Brief.pdf
(775.23 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
Image Image Image Image

Jack Crammer

Post by Jack Crammer »

Most likely unable tomorrow mates! Have a great flight!
Jack

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Thanks Jack. Have a good day friend.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

That's a pity, Jack - and I put a Hornet on a boat especially for you.
Image Image Image Image

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

F16’s are currently rather unflyable due broken HUD.

I think most of 3sqn are staying on the ground until it’s fixed, hopefully sometime this week.

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

11 is working on a plan to do 3fs role tonight given their fleet is grounded
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

I have cobbled together an alternative. I have switched the F-16s for F-18s, and adjusted the load and timings accordingly. I will rre-do the timings and re-brief the changes tonight.

It should work OK.

I do not understand the rather cryptic "11 is working on a plan to do 3fs role tonight given their fleet is grounded"

Who are these 11 people and what is the 3fs role?
Image Image Image Image

Mad dog

Post by Mad dog »

XI(F) Sqn taking on 3(F) Sqn tasks was what Scooby meant.
Flight Lieutenant
Steve "Mad dog" Loates
RAF Air UK - XI (F) Sqn

Sqn Chief Flying Instructor

Image Image
Image ImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

I have now replaced the F-16 airfield attacks with F-18 attacks - assuming that enough pilots turn up.

I am not sure that we can forego the 4 or more F-14s that would be required for the airfield attacks. We are going to be short of CAP in that event. I thought that I saw only five F-14 pilots put their name down.

Until I find how many pilots turn up and what ac they can, or are prepared to, fly I will leave it as it is.

If it does turn to worms, I will gladly let you amend the mission as you see fit.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Squadron Flights”