2 possibles:
Matt
Moretti
Kind Regards
Chris :)

jester224

Re: Tuesday 16th June 2020

Post by jester224 »

OK chaps I am available as an F-18 pilot this evening. I am not part of the FAA squadron so I can fly the deep strike mission from where ever on my own. I am sure I can ruin red force day with some tricky flying.
SAC Simon "Jester" Campbell-Smith
Data Analyst

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Ok Gents, sorry about my myopia, and my missing all your responses.

The revised Op Deep Valley (Op Deep Valley Rev 1 - dated 16/0643) is now on the server, and appears to be working, although I have not tested it as well as I would have ideally wished.

The aircraft requirements are

A-10Cs between 5 and 8
Harriers (Strike) between 2 and 4
F-16s (Strike) between 2 and 4
F-18s (SEAD) between 2 and 4
F-18s (Strike) between 2 and 4
F-14s (CAP) between 4 and 8

Sorry to be so pedantic, but any Red ac missed on the LL strikes by Harriers, F-16s or F-18s will come after us all, and there are around 30 red fighters in total - hence all 3 LL strikes must go in.

Strike ac (Harrier, F-16, and F-18) should be landing after an hour or so, and if they want to refuel and join the melee, they will be welcome, although if their strikes went well there will not be much to do. Similarly SEAD F-18s can also lend a hand with the AD in the Deep Valley area; they have some AIM-120s and AIM-9s aboard, and there is a tanker.

Please make sure you take a copy of the individual flight briefs (see above within this thread) which gives frequencies timings etc. I have not included a brief for the A-10s and F-18s - their tasks are unchanged and fairly straightforward, provide they stick to the route and timings.

On timings Please do comply with them. If anyone does jump the gun, there is the possibility of the Migs getting airborne early, which will embarrass everyone. If any of the strike ac are late, they may find their intended prey waiting for them.

I will give a quick brief and take any questions at 1930, but I will leave Flt Cdrs to brief their own flights iaw the briefs given above.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Chris

Post by Chris »

this is going to complicate things a little... 2 wires have come adrift on a sensor in the Virpil so I'll have to cry off tonight and therefore you'll be a harrier short. Sorry about that :(
Kind Regards
Chris :)

Ferret

Post by Ferret »

Sorry I might not be able to make it now. 😒
Pilot Officer Peter "Ferret" Davies - RAFAIR UK

Image XI (F) squadron

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Ferret wrote: 16 Jun 2020, 17:27 Sorry I might not be able to make it now. 😒
bugger, ok mate.

alan will it be starting paused or will there be some kind of server join order?
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Power cut here tonight. Just as I was loading up to go again after a mig got me!
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Neil Willis wrote: 16 Jun 2020, 20:10 Power cut here tonight. Just as I was loading up to go again after a mig got me!
i think you got your wingy then the mig21 got you
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

maggsy

Post by maggsy »

Thanks Alan for a enjoyable mission.
Alas 3(F) did not perform as well as we had planned.
To cut to the chase we had tried to use the new steerpoint feature in the F-16 and a loft attack using CCRP but despite a well planned and flown ingress during the run in it became obvious the "new STP" was not going to work as it was nowhere near the tgt. trying to switch from a loft to low level and CCIP after initating a full gate 5g pull up did not end well.
Second element incorrect weapons config prevented snakes coming off the racks.
The Migs were taxiing from the southern Apron as I tried a second run in by eyeball only to see them intercept the second element of F-16 during their run in.
3 soon became 1 and then we were all walking home.

Mission faults: non

3(F) Planning: The plan was sound, the tactics worked in the practice phase, The ingress was well flown we arrived as a package with the planned spacing and on time. Attack phase obvious there was a STP input error for the initial 1st A/C attack, this had a domino effect that impacted the following element.

Lessons:
Further work on the input of new/editing Steerpoints
re-positioning for a second attack was in hindsight not the right choice both elements might have survived if they had blown through after the initial attack and extended away from the Migs.
A/C weapons configuration ( a LL ingress in close formation does not allow for the pilots to setup up weapon profiles on the fly !! ) This has to be done before departure in future.
For this particular mission the focus has to be the southern Apron A/C either RWY denial and/or destruction on the apron. It would be far more effective to have a 2 ship as the first wave hitting the RWY and the Apron with any further waves hitting the northern Apron and any other tgts.

Suggestions:

Comms for 3(F) Our SOP's dictate we use UHF for all our ATC and only use VHF for our intraflight.
could we have the following included in any future missions
Presets for 3(F)
UHF
preset 1 Ground
Preset 2 TWR
Preset 3 Departure/Approach
Preset 4 Tactical/AWACS/Common
Preset 11 Tanker

VHF
Preset 1 Flight 1 (121.1)
Preset 2 Flight 2 (121.2)
Preset 3 Flight 3 (121.3)
Preset 4 Flight 4 (121.4)

Loudout as standard
2x Aim 120c
2x Aim 9x
2x External wing tanks
2x3 Mk82 Snakeeyes/ 2x2 CBU-97
Flight Lieutenant Steve "maggsy" Maggs - RAFAir UK
ImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Uzi had a good night, everything that made it close to our or the a10s got swatted.
1 minor issue with the mission was no tacan or icls setup formthe carrier.
The airfield strikes seemed to work well which left a manageble numbrr of bandits for us to deal with
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Return to “Squadron Flights”