5 airframes please
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Re: Tuesday 23rd June 2020

Post by Flyco »

I plan to be there, preferably in an A-10C, but could fly an F/A-18 if that would be more useful.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Chris

Post by Chris »

Bad week for 1 SQN unfortunately, a lot are away on business or packed up moving house catching up now the corona brakes are off, so there is just me.... which makes it rather awkward I'm sure.... so I'll bow out unless needed. Sorry about that chaps...
Kind Regards
Chris :)

Mad dog

Post by Mad dog »

Great flights again tonight, thanks fellas.
Flight Lieutenant
Steve "Mad dog" Loates
RAF Air UK - XI (F) Sqn

Sqn Chief Flying Instructor

Image Image
Image ImageImage

Dutch

Post by Dutch »

Thanks for the mission. I was really surprised to see people take off on opposite sides of the runway. Bit of an unnecesarry hazard. Got teamkilled. And ofcourse not on purpose, but it takes my fun away.

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

had a brief look at tacview, the mig29s had cloaking devices fitted! several times uzi had aircraft in close proximity to them and even poitning at them and i dont think any of us had a single mig29 on the radar!
we managed to get 11 bombers between us.
we had pretty major nav and avionics bugs again, the waypoints were nowhere near where phil put them so we had to simply pick a compass heading and go there.
alan made a call out that an a10 had been shot down by us but i cant see it on the tacview and at the time i didnt think it was us firing either.

slight note for the future, please call out buddy spikes on 251, i know i personally locked a10s a few times but never recieved a call. we do id targets but it would still help if we got a call.

phil the surprise addition of the weather and darkness made part 1 AMAZING!!! it turned dcs into a slide show on the ground (which added to the chaos :lol: ) but my god it looked stunning.
i nearly had a head on with an a10 (louis i believe) the only reason we didnt is because we both stayed on our respective side of the runway! so well done louis
landing at an airfield who refused to turn lights on (comms bug!!!) in the dark with low cloud no ins and no ils is a genuine challenge! as evidenced by the fact only 1 of us made it

alan do you knoiw which a10 got shot down? i cant find it on the tacview
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

John, the only call about F-14s that I made last night, was on 251.0, when I was locked up by an F-14, that was in front of me. I called a warning, and immediately, a Mig29 came up on my RWR immediately behind me. I reported this to the F-14, which broke lock and within 2-3 seconds the Mig-29 disappeared from my RWR.

I am not aware that an A-10 was shot down, and those were the only ac I saw other than A-10s.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Jumping in a little late, it was great to see all your wreckage on the airfield and be able to navigate round it.

2nd mission went well for me, much better than last time. I made it to the carrier only to bolt, I slammed in to afterburner only to realise I only had 1,2,3, and hot and cold, power settings, I looked back and realised I had 2 hair dryers stuck to my plane.
So I took an early bath.
Cheers Phil
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Squadron Flights”