Tuesday 18th August 2020

Details Of Online Flight Nights
Neil Willis
Site Admin

Tuesday 18th August 2020

Post by Neil Willis »

Tonight’s mission will be a continuation of the Op Portcullis campaign.

Pre-flight briefing - 19:30 hrs Alpha.

Take off - 20:00 hrs Alpha.

Squadron staffs will be responsible for planning their own Frags once issued with their objectives.

Please note missions may be recorded and published, including voice track. If you wish to make a recording, please make the mission commander aware prior to joining the server. All pilots should assume their comments may reach a wider audience, and act accordingly.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Roon
Site Admin

Re: Tuesday 18th August 2020

Post by Roon »

First of all I have to apologise for the delays in getting the second mission ready. The weather down here has caused huge problems for me getting online in the evenings and I haven't been able to get online reliably for the last two weeks, lightning storms forcing me to disconnect PC and router almost every day. The end of the heatwave should solve this soon.

Anyway, here are the Frags for all the Sqn's for this next installment. The Counter Air Phase has begun and we are doing everything possible to gain Air Superiority in the theatre of operations. This means that we have to systematically destroy/degrade enemy air and it's support structure, killing their aircraft (CAP boys) and their airfields (Mud movers). We are starting nearest to our base of operations to create a safe zone for our forces and supply lines coming in/out. So our immediate objective is to clear the peninsular starting with Fujairah and Bandar-E-Jask. The A10 chumps will begin clearing the ground behind us and help UAE ground forces to push back.

I have provided images, labelled up by Flight to augment the Frags. At this stage flight plans are provided and relatively simple but that will change for Mission 4 when I'm hoping everyone has a handle on using the Frag to clearly define the role required of them before creating their own flightplan, which I will collate into the final miz. Over the next two missions I'll be talking to Sqn Cmdrs to make sure we arrive at that point.

Any questions, drop me a line. Write your own Sqn briefs and don't hesitate to ask for more detail if you need it.
Regards to all.
Attachments
Uzi Frag CA1.pdf
(58.48 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
UZI CAP.png
UZI CAP.png (1.78 MiB) Viewed 2474 times
Springfield Frag CA1.pdf
(60.07 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
NAS SEAD Hold.png
NAS SEAD Hold.png (3.03 MiB) Viewed 2474 times
NAS Route.png
NAS Route.png (260.61 KiB) Viewed 2474 times
NAS Frag CA1.pdf
(58.02 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
Hawg Route.png
Hawg Route.png (1.51 MiB) Viewed 2474 times
Hawg Frag CA1.pdf
(58.41 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
Hawg AO.png
Hawg AO.png (1.08 MiB) Viewed 2474 times
Dodge Frag CA1.pdf
(59.57 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
Dodge Attack.png
Dodge Attack.png (468.46 KiB) Viewed 2474 times
Boar Route.png
Boar Route.png (2.53 MiB) Viewed 2474 times
Boar Frag CA1.pdf
(57.22 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
Boar AO.png
Boar AO.png (753.56 KiB) Viewed 2474 times
Area of Op.png
Area of Op.png (1.8 MiB) Viewed 2474 times
Sometimes stuff is supposed to fall off....sometimes not.
I still can't be sure which... :?

Officer Commanding F18 OCU
Wing Commander Ade Rhoney - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image

SF3

Post by SF3 »

Sorry BUT WHAT A JOKE !!!

First all we get asked if we can provide two pilots for test run with 24hrs notice , ( 3rd Party info )

Then due to Short notice , I then leave for work at 3am travel half up the country and back to here on time ,
Another Member gives up his flying time with his Saturday Squad.
To find that a Briefing was given with out anyone letting us know where the briefing was , It happen to be in the OCU room , not welcome channel as norm.

Really is a Waste of my time .... Which is better suited with my family ,friends and the people I employ ( Who also left at 3am this morning to help me out )

Sadly this is happening way to much.

SF3

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

SF3, are you sure you have posted in the right thread - I don't understand your input.

The thread above yours announces an (already anticipated) mission for 2-3 days time. It asks that individual Sqns produce their own briefs, for this mission.

Or am I missing something?
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

whats the callsign for nas?
is there a bullseye?
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Thank you, I really enjoyed Tonight's mission. The dark start really added to the immersion. The flight out looked stunning.
Targets hidden and a challenge to find made them more rewarding.
Knowing we had to protect the airframes meant leaving the last target as an SA6 had moved up.
Flying with friends made it a very pleasurable evening.
Thanks again.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Apart from 2 of us somehow spawning on top of each other and exploding and issues with the awacs late on we had a quite mission. 2 missiles fired. 2 kills. AFAIK nothing came our way really and the a10s were all kept safe so it seems mission accomplished. Haven't seen much of the tacview yet
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

Hi All,

My first mission in the Harrier for many months and I really enjoyed it.

Thanks to Mike for allowing me to tag along with him, and thanks to the author for the mission!!
Plt Off Ian 'Robbo' Robson
Image Image

Alien

Post by Alien »

john (scooby) wrote: 18 Aug 2020, 21:24 Apart from 2 of us somehow spawning on top of each other and exploding and issues with the awacs late on we had a quite mission. 2 missiles fired. 2 kills. AFAIK nothing came our way really and the a10s were all kept safe so it seems mission accomplished. Haven't seen much of the tacview yet
The Tacview is a tad more exciting than our 2hr sightseeing tour of Iran, :lol: :lol: that said. We / you don't always get to fight / blow stuff up/ or fire missiles, war isn't very exciting most of the time albeit , that which I have been involved in has had it's moments.

Personally I prefer to think the Iranians were scared knowing we were up there with our gum shields in and gloves on. :lol:
Shane Cowan callsign: 'ALIEN' - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Not a great night for Hog, unfortunately. Combed our area, but only saw a single manpad (I saw that there were actually 2 on Tacview!). He looked as bored as me, so I let him live.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Squadron Flights”