Tuesday 8th September 2020

Details Of Online Flight Nights
Flyco
Site Admin

Re: Tuesday 8th September 2020

Post by Flyco »

John, you are correct; of the 16 Mig-26s that got airborne, the 8 from Gelendzhik, were guns only - My mistake. The 8 from Mozdok were all fully armed. The only other ac that got airborne were the L-39s, which were also armed (I know to my cost).

The 8 Mig-21s from Sochi were entirely destroyed on the ground by the AV-8Bs. The other Migs and Su-27s did not launch - I haven't gone through the mission in detail, but his was almost certainly because the CAP aircraft dropped below critical levels.

If the Gelendzhik Migs had been armed, would the numbers have been about right do you think, or should I set the threshold for launching the others a little lower? From memory the others would not launch unless the total F-14 numbers were 4 or above.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Flyco wrote: 09 Sep 2020, 16:21 John, you are correct; of the 16 Mig-26s that got airborne, the 8 from Gelendzhik, were guns only - My mistake. The 8 from Mozdok were all fully armed. The only other ac that got airborne were the L-39s, which were also armed (I know to my cost).

The 8 Mig-21s from Sochi were entirely destroyed on the ground by the AV-8Bs. The other Migs and Su-27s did not launch - I haven't gone through the mission in detail, but his was almost certainly because the CAP aircraft dropped below critical levels.

If the Gelendzhik Migs had been armed, would the numbers have been about right do you think, or should I set the threshold for launching the others a little lower? From memory the others would not launch unless the total F-14 numbers were 4 or above.
the numbers are testing but thats not a bad thing, last night helped identify things we need to and will improve upon
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Eshark

Post by Eshark »

I am in fir the mission

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Eshark wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 17:23 I am in fir the mission
wrong thread ya daft bugger :lol: