OPERATION FRIEND SHIP 2nd DEBRIEF

Details Of Online Flight Nights
Hendo

Re: OPERATION FRIEND SHIP 2nd DEBRIEF

Post by Hendo »

Mission was good fun, really enjoyed that one. Cheers Chris for hosting.
Image Image
Squadron Leader Ari "Hendo" Hendriks - RAF Air UK
1(F) Squadron
Image Image ImageImage

Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Mission was really good, even though i felt alone i just moved more an more troops into combat to deal with the mi26's that were sneakily tucked away at that power station, i even discovered you could deploy troops to the roof tops.
Had a little wander upto Batumi for ammo, then popped back an drop some AA troops on one of the big warehouse roof tops an they stayed on the roof.
Pilot Officer Jeremy "Weasel" Lambert - RAF AIR UK

Image Image Image

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

thoroughly enjoyed it personally, despite being killed by a friendly for the 2nd time in 2 days :lol:
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Alien

Post by Alien »

We're going to have to put a large orange dayglo panel on your Cat Scooby :lol: :lol:

Yet again a thoroughly enjoyable sortie, Kills galore and good comms from and to within 11Sqdn, well done boys.

From a mission pov we achieved our mission, I have no idea if the 10's and other assets achieved theirs but judging by Buccanneer's comments it would suggest they did,

A big shout to Chris for his Command & Control over 11 Sqdn.

Excellent night *****
Shane Cowan callsign: 'ALIEN' - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Apart from my inability to fire the HARMS - (which it turns out was my error in not selecting the HARM screen before handing off the weapon - schoolboy error) I thought it was a great evening.

If you need a few able assistants to keep ATC etc under control, just shout up. I am happy to help out as needed there.

I am sure everyone agrees, it was excellent to be able to get together in a multi squadron mission, and the rough edges were not a big deal - unless you got shot down twice by friendlies that is. That will always be a potential problem in any multi unit mission of course.

Thanks again for all the hard work Chris.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Chris

Post by Chris »

Update:

TrkVw BDA overflight revealed that

All 6 bridges across the Patari Enguri River were destroyed preventing further incursions by Abkhazia forces
Main oil refinery at Patari was disabled
Enemy air transport assets at Octhamuri destroyed
Approximately 50% armoured regiment at Poti destroyed
Enemy ground forces at Kobuleti destroyed
Significant air defences at Senaki togther with multiple heavy transport destroyed
Intel believes Senaki intended as the major military hub for the region. It transpired defences deployed were:
  • SAM 6 radar + 3 launchers
  • 3 Skilkas
  • 2 Strela
  • 1 tungusta
  • 3 zU 23
3 Ilyushin Il-76 heavy lift and 8 Mi8s were on the apron and 3 inbound Ilyushin Il-76 with troops and essential stores were dispatched into the sea by CAP after attempting to get past the CAP block for 30 minutes.

Some assets remain at Senaki
Kind Regards
Chris :)

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Chris wrote: 28 Oct 2020, 07:51 Update:

TrkVw BDA overflight revealed that

All 6 bridges across the Patari Enguri River were destroyed preventing further incursions by Abkhazia forces
Main oil refinery at Patari was disabled
Enemy air transport assets at Octhamuri destroyed
Approximately 50% armoured regiment at Poti destroyed
Enemy ground forces at Kobuleti destroyed
Significant air defences at Senaki togther with multiple heavy transport destroyed
Intel believes Senaki intended as the major military hub for the region. It transpired defences deployed were:
  • SAM 6 radar + 3 launchers
  • 3 Skilkas
  • 2 Strela
  • 1 tungusta
  • 3 zU 23
3 Ilyushin Il-76 heavy lift and 8 Mi8s were on the apron and 3 inbound Ilyushin Il-76 with troops and essential stores were dispatched into the sea by CAP after attempting to get past the CAP block for 30 minutes.

Some assets remain at Senaki
We managed to bomb kubuleti runway too
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Chris

Post by Chris »

Indeed, and very well done it was mate.... as the 'man' says 'Great Job' 'Great Job'

My bad, I perhaps was not succinct but below referred to that sortie. :) I should have used the term runway denial.... :)
2020-10-28_081502.png
2020-10-28_081502.png (4.38 KiB) Viewed 2330 times
Kind Regards
Chris :)

Wee Neal 0414

Post by Wee Neal 0414 »

Hi Chris

Weasel and I sat at KFC and watched the Harriers and Hogs come and go which was great. Accepting your ‘forgetting the Helo’s’ we did a number of combat drops, which went well, once we found the enemy! Unfortunately I had to bale and left Weasel to himself at 2115hrs as I had an early start; damn the work.. Comms were much improved, although we did operate in a vacuum moist of the night. I would certainly vote for more of the same.

Neal
Squadron Leader Wee Neal 0414
CO 60 Squadron

Image Image ImageImage

Plexi

Post by Plexi »

1F Squadron destroyed all 6 Bridges and disabled the Refinery in a wonderful show of airmanship and daring skill. With the aid of 11th Squadron providing CAP we were able to accomplish our mission unhindered and prevent further ingress of Enemy activity. We did have a mind to change our load out at mission start but found we were unable to do this due to some logistic issue's at Kentucky. We pressed on regardless and had an successful outcome. Comms between all assets where greatly improved and having live ATC and live JTAC proved yet again invaluable with thanks going to Chris and Hendo. A great night and look forward to our next outing.
Squadron Leader
Peter "Plexi" Sumner
RAF Air UK - 1(F) Sqn

ImageImage

ImageImageImage
Quote: 'A superior Pilot may be defined as one who stays out of trouble by using his superior judgement to avoid situations which might require the use of his superior skill'

Return to “Squadron Flights”