Details Of Online Flight Nights
Jack Crammer

Re: 20th April Operation Salamander

Post by Jack Crammer »

Nice little video, Mat! Very cool!

Beanie

Post by Beanie »

Everything was brilliant on 3(f) front. Although more ground targets and more red air would be fantastic too. SA-19 down, 3 out of 4 su-24s gone. Couple mig-29’s and a couple su-33s too. Also a pesky f-16 got in the way of a missle. I’ve been assured that’ll never happen again.

I hope it gets run again.

Cheers Matt

Andy
Sqn Leader Andrew "Beanie" Benson - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image ImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Thanks Beanie, I was too sure what would be too much, but I can definitely add more for you guys.

I have some changing to do as it seems the SAMS wasted their missiles on the guided missiles from the ships, however thats an easy fix for next time I'll just prohibit blue ships using guided weapons.

But I'll try to get TACVIEW working on my laptop and that way I can kinda see the mission run through so I can make a better edit using that :lol:
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Paul(Dragon)0043
Site Admin

Post by Paul(Dragon)0043 »

Hi Matt, bit of a bust for 97 Sqn, we got to Sochi, not one AD or armour vehicle to be found, No RWR traces picked up from any AD. The same for the beachhead which 1(f) and Phil were working, not one piece of enemy armour was seen.
"Je Vois Tout"

Wing Commander Paul"Dragon"Ratcliffe - RAF AIR UK
ImageImage
97 Squadron

Duke

Post by Duke »

1f had a slightly odd night, took off and established visual with the beach head but had no targets to engage. Thought they may be on a mission trigger so we loitered until the friendly forces arrived on said beach and they encountered zero enemy. Flew over Sochi afew times and didn't have any engagement with air defense either? Not sure what happened maybe we had the wrong build of mission loaded? Myself and Grizzly orbited until bingo fuel then flew back and landed at the Tarawa, then I fell off the side while parking! Lol

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

I dropped the troops by the bombers, they started shooting. That's the Army for you they like to see things blow up! They were getting awfully close to the nukes so I thought it best to go and walk the dog and have nothing to do with it if it went up!
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Strange, there are no triggers for armour or AD to appear, they are definitely down there (they just do not appear on any map)

I'll try to see if I can get my laptop on the lowest settings to try and run it for even a few seconds but I know everything is available from mission start.
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Duke wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 06:09 1f had a slightly odd night, took off and established visual with the beach head but had no targets to engage. Thought they may be on a mission trigger so we loitered until the friendly forces arrived on said beach and they encountered zero enemy. Flew over Sochi afew times and didn't have any engagement with air defense either? Not sure what happened maybe we had the wrong build of mission loaded? Myself and Grizzly orbited until bingo fuel then flew back and landed at the Tarawa, then I fell off the side while parking! Lol

It looks like there is a server issue.

Run in single player and it looks like it runs fine.
Matts beach assault 3.png
Matts beach assault 3.png (2.05 MiB) Viewed 1621 times
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Squadron Flights”