Details Of Online Flight Nights
Neil Willis
Site Admin

Re: Tuesday 6th July

Post by Neil Willis »

892 Squadron have planned this:
6th July _In_Zivan_Final_892 Plan.miz
(733.19 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
There are no waypoints plotted as we are using a new system to pre-load our plan using an app.

The weapon loadouts are for 2 flights - 1 strike package and 1 CAP package.

Thanks,

Neil
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Duke

Post by Duke »

Looking highly unlikely I'll be home in time to do awacs for this I'm afraid

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Awacs will be ready for you if you can make it.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Beanie

Post by Beanie »

Andrew, we are down to three for tonight.
Sqn Leader Andrew "Beanie" Benson - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image ImageImageImage

309 Geoff

Post by 309 Geoff »

97Sqn Debrief for In Zivan - 6th June.
Only 3 jockeys for this flight. Myself leading, Paul and Alan as Nos 2 & 3. Not all Pontiac had the same waypoints, so we decided to leave the artillery for any late arrivals. We had more than enough armour to destroy.
We were all in the aircraft before the mission went live. The Ramat ATC frequency on the brief was different to the F10 map. Start up, taxi, and take off was SOP. Contact was made with Ford, and we followed them to the active. Our taxi was delayed due to having to rearm.
En route to our IP, I split the formation to different heights, and distributed individual armour WP’s to each of us. Each pilot had different attack headings to increase separation. Short of the IP, we were painted by an SA6 just outside lethal range. We orbited, and called SEAD.
With the offending SAM destroyed, we continued to IP, and separated to our individual armour groups. Destruction commenced. When an armour group was destroyed, I dished out another WP to attack. I haven't seen the Tacview, but we must have destroyed most of the targets in the armour groups. Seventy seven kills in total, with Paul only getting 53. See me after Paul. It was a turkey shoot. Just how I like it. There was only 1 shilka to deal with. Intel was good, and Paul destroyed it with his first bomb run.
Several MIG 29s appeared on the RWR. I called UZI, to be informed they were engaging. Any MIGs that popped up on RWR didn't last long.
Paul mopped up his allocated targets, fuel was dropping, so left the formation first, setting course for Ramat. I had one maverick left, and set heading for Ramat, shortly after. Alan brought up the rear. We all landed as individuals.
I enjoyed the mission, and believe it was a success.

A big thank you to SEAD and CAP for a job well done. Inter-flight comms was good throughout the mission.

Thank you, Andrew. The more turkey shoots, the better.
Flt Lt Geoff Mansfield RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Entered ac unaware of weapons etc. Given the time and opportunity I would have changed the load out. I find the lack of a comprehensive brief very frustrating. There must be a way to let us know basic ac load and route etc, earlier than when we get in the aircraft. I am afraid I really don't care what the previous week's political build up has been.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

Can you not change your loadout while the ac is starting up? That's generally when we in 11F do it as we wait for the engines to spool up and alignment etc, it doesn't take long for the ground crew to pop new weapons on in the grand scheme of things? Granted you probably have more weapons to mess with but I assume that if you are wanting to change them you have an idea what you are going to put on in the first place?

We have more delays caused by not getting the deck crew to actually allow you to use the catapults tbh.
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Alan, as discussed before load outs, squadron briefs etc are at the discretion of the the squadron you fly with. I have no knowledge of aircraft types and am still learning my own.

It was a Turkey shoot and was supposed to be.

Next time I hope it's more to your taste.
0405 ANDREW

"Andrew, you are right"
Image ImageImage Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Yes, it is possible to reload,weapons, just like it is possible to enter the route, or change the aircraft type. The point that I am making (again and again I hear you cry) is that there should be no need for the last minute rush. It would be unthinkable in real life, for a squadron to walk to their aircraft without knowing what their weapons load, fuel load, routes and targets are. All I ask is that this information is published at least 30 minutes before we meet. I can then write the essential information on my Kneeboard and listen with at least a little more attention to the immediate pre-flight brief.

Can anyone tell me why this is not possible? Missions take days (or in my case, weeks) to finalise - Just start writing it at least an hour earlier! I can understand not knowing Red intentions in advance, but not Blue plans.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Flyco wrote: 07 Jul 2021, 12:31
Can anyone tell me why this is not possible?
I can't, because it is possible.
0405 ANDREW

"Andrew, you are right"
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Squadron Flights”