RAFAir MISSION TUE 13th JUL 21

Details Of Online Flight Nights
Chris

Re: RAFAir MISSION TUE 13th JUL 21

Post by Chris »

After seeing Danny's post above and dreading anticipated negative discussion route I feel it is best to stand down from any formal interactions within RAFAir - gone to find inner peace..... with Jack...

Cheers to the good lads.... :)

Kind Regards
Chris :)

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Thanks for the effort put in Chris and everyone that helped organise, it's always a joint effort and every squadron fully engaged with the planning of this mission.

As we know, forums are probably not the best place to debrief after a mission that went wrong. I'd suggest a TS meeting for squadron commanders.

I feel this type of mission with the interaction between squadrons is the direction we should be heading. But with all things it will take a little bit of practice to get right.

I suggest that we go for the usual format for the Tuesday mission and take the points raised here and introduce them as we go forward.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Paul(Dragon)0043
Site Admin

Post by Paul(Dragon)0043 »

Sorry to see your leaving us, Thanks for all the work and effort you have put in whilst at Rafair, it is appreciated. And also teaching me how to fly the Huey properly. Eternally grateful.

All the best in your future endeavours.

Paul
"Je Vois Tout"

Wing Commander Paul"Dragon"Ratcliffe - RAF AIR UK
ImageImage
97 Squadron
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Don't worry Paul, he's not leaving, he'll just chill for a week.
He's crap at being miserable on his own.
0405 ANDREW

"Andrew, you are right"
Image ImageImage Image

Paul(Dragon)0043
Site Admin

Post by Paul(Dragon)0043 »

Rgr that, thanks for clearing that up, My excuse, it was early. :oops:
"Je Vois Tout"

Wing Commander Paul"Dragon"Ratcliffe - RAF AIR UK
ImageImage
97 Squadron
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Alien

Post by Alien »

11Sqdn After Action Report.

5 x F14's Spawned on the Teddy , hot start ready to depart, no major issues other than the usual ground crew not playing on CAT3, eventually all got airborne.
UZI 1 & 2 EN ROUTE to CAP 2, west of Hadaraya. UZI 3,4 & 5 EN ROUTE to CAP 3 east of Banda Abbas.

UZI 1 & 2 engaged x 2 Mig29's that departed Banda Lengeh whilst en route to WP1, these were engaged at 45miles with PH54 and taken down, pressed onto WP2 ( CAP2 ) further engagements whilst on CAP with F14A & F5's, 5 enemy air taken down, UZI 1 was Winchester on Phoenix & Sidewinder, UZI 2 was low on fuel, call was made to Overlord to divert to Banda Lengeh to rearm/refuel, both landed but got no assistance from Bandar Lengeh. UZI 1 departed and made for Al Minhad, at this time, certainly to the West of the AO there were no enemy air to be seen either visual or on Radar. whilst en route to Minhad calls were made with our intention to RTB / Rearm, refuel, a reply from a friendly asset on 251 kindly covered CAP over and around Qeshm Island until we were able to resume our role which we did as quickly as was possible, at this stage UZI heard calls from friendlies that they were RTB, UZI 3,4 & 5 were also RTB to the Teddy.
UZI 1 & 2 decided that whilst on RTB we would strafe the C-130 Hercules at Kasab airbase, x 2 runs apiece and return to carrier.

4 x F14's on the deck, 1 x F14 with technical issues ended up swimming.

A good well executed mission from our perspective and enjoyed by all

Only negative issue was Comms, however as discussed after wards this would appear to have been the limitations set by SRS, COMMS between UZI 1 West & UZI 3 East was unreadable for the most part, but we did decide to operate independently, Comms became clear as we RTB'd
I will however put my hand up to say I did not follow Lost Comms Procedure :oops:
Shane Cowan callsign: 'ALIEN' - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

First thoughts from 97 - it went quite well! Once the normal panicky scramble around the airfield was over.

We got off a little late, but only by 2-3 minutes. The absence of enough time for an immediate pre-flt brief had been anticipated and a written one had been produced. The flight seemed to go pretty much as the brief. We got illuminated a few times, but nothing to worry us unduly.

I am not sure why there is all this breast-beating - we have no complaints about the cover we got, never saw a whisper of a red aircraft! We got all our ships (apart from 3 launches that were skulking in the harbour), and all our ground targets. Particular compliments to Pontiac 1-3 and 1-2, who unearthed every single vehicle, AD unit and man, and killed them all. Shame that No-3 got over-enthusiastic (i.e. too low) and picked up some holes. Never give the suckers a fair break - do not fly under their max weapon ht within the target area.

If anything, a bit tame, but enjoyable.

PPPPPPP
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

If anything, a bit tame, but enjoyable.
Be careful for what you wish for.

But I'm glad you enjoyed it.
0405 ANDREW

"Andrew, you are right"
Image ImageImage Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Of course we enjoyed it - we were briefed and organised.

Always remember, a verbal brief isn’t worth the paper it’s written on.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

I agree, I looked at the work 97 put in and your brief, it was very good.
0405 ANDREW

"Andrew, you are right"
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Squadron Flights”