Operation "ELLAC"

Details Of Online Flight Nights
Neil Willis
Site Admin

Re: Operation "ELLAC"

Post by Neil Willis »

External views were available, and we apply own aircraft only to the F10 map as a rule to prevent the gods eye method of gaining an unfair advantage.

The settings are correct in that screenshot Andrew.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Telson

Post by Telson »

I think the latest update has changed the map usage, if you use own A/C or Map only in the F10 options, you can no longer click on the airfield icon to get any details of frequency or ILS etc.
0527 Simon "Telson" Few
RAF Air UK - 1(F) Sqn
Image Image

Danny
Site Admin

Post by Danny »

3(F) AAR part 2

Ford 2 (sweep)

Two of the four had SRS issues on un-pause, all sorted and airborne 2 minutes late. Just as AWACS reported hostiles inbound, I lost all visuals and had to restart. The 3 remaining aircraft pressed on the attack along with XI Sqn. Grillman destroyed 2 enemy F-16's, Enzoo 1 and XI took care off the other 3. Kitchen was lost in this engagement.

Myself and Kitchen took off again from Aki, and established comms with Grillman and Enzoo who setup a CAP protecting 41(F) and Alistair who had snuck through and pressed home the attack on the SA-6. We progressed towards Incirlik to relieve them, half-way Overlord warned of more hostiles from the NW, we had a quick look but they were not a threat at that time and turned back NE to cover 41 and our SEAD flt. As we reached Enzoo's CAP, we were engaged by 2 more F-16's. I destroyed 1 and the other by XI Sqn from the south.

As we turned cold we picked up 2 bogeys from the NW, with no AWACS cover and a negative IFF we thought they were the REDs reported earlier and locked them up. No Buddyspike call was heard so we both fired. Unfortunately we destroyed 2 XI Sqn F-14's.

Really sorry lads.

We recommitted again towards Incirlik and were engaged once more by an F-16 which Kitchen destroyed. Kitchen was then destroyed by an XI Sqn F-14.

I was then shot-down by an F-16.

Ford 3

Jack was tasked with the destruction of the EWR site on the coast, NNW of Samandag, that covered our approach up the bay and the SA-6 at Hatay. He had a fairly uneventful evening, destroying the EWR radar and possibly the SA-6. Hard to say from tacview as it looked like some rubber banding had crept in.

Red Rooster (Alistair) managed to sneak through and he destroyed both SA-6's that the SEAD was tasked to prosecute. Great job mate under very difficult circumstances.
Without cheating, he was unable to confirm the destruction and it wasnt until Willo and Sapper returned that confirmation was achieved. Unfortunately it was too late for 41(F) to press home their attack run.
I also forgot to brief the code word for SA-6 destruction.

Overall I think we have made good steps in the right direction, and with a few more tweaks we are looking good.
Apologies to 41(F) Sqn for the SA-6 confusion and again to XI, for the blue on blue.

I would like to see the AWACS provide cover further to the East, we had nothing from him until the enemy F-16's began their attack run.

I would also like like to see the un-pause happen 10 minutes earlier (game time). I think, looking at the briefings, everyone was aware that 0300Z was mission start. Can we look at the un-pause at 0250Z, with the op beginning at 0300Z.
This would give everyone a chance to sort out any issues, loadouts, seat changes, SRS, keybinds etc. Anything AI related in game can be given a 600 second delay with a trigger if necessary. ( I know thats more work for the creator, sorry)

Can we also try to refrain from using the useless AI ATC, (on the airfield side, not sure how good it is on SC side) Most squadrons, from what I heard, are comfortable transmitting intentions in the blind. Ideally change TWR freq to something else as AI ATC will still bang on even if you dont talk to him.
Wing Commander Andrew 'Danny' Daniel - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Alien

Post by Alien »

Neil Willis wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 17:40 External views were available, and we apply own aircraft only to the F10 map as a rule to prevent the gods eye method of gaining an unfair advantage.

The settings are correct in that screenshot Andrew.
[/quote

They weren't available to me Neil, I could get my own aircraft in f2 but no one elses,
Shane Cowan callsign: 'ALIEN' - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Nice Post Danny, a very busy night.

That's a good idea to push some triggers back 10 min so we can all get sorted. To be honest I'm going to look at triggering things slightly differently. However there still needs to be consequences if things don't go right, but I think that should be for further down the line. I got a bit carried away with red air triggers.

So are we running this again next week?
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

With regards to outside views. I now assume that the f10 settings change what you can see on outside camera as well . So Alien won't be able to film other aircraft if its just set to own.
The f10 view aircraft mucks up the Huey side, not having nav aids keeps it authentic , being able to see where you are on the map really takes the fun out of it. However we're not flying in the multi squadron mission at the moment so I'm happy to put whatever setting makes us all happy.
Personally when I'm flying the 18, I don't have time to look at the f10.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Beanie

Post by Beanie »

I certainly hope so andrew.

Thank you
Sqn Leader Andrew "Beanie" Benson - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image ImageImageImage

Danny
Site Admin

Post by Danny »

I think that would be a good idea, although I'm at work so it could be tight for me, I'm sure the rest of the lads would be up for it

I forgot to say, I would be in favour of keeping the Red F-16's, lessons learnt I think we can have a better crack at them
Wing Commander Andrew 'Danny' Daniel - RAF Air UK

Grillman

Post by Grillman »

I also hope the THK F-16s are kept in the mission, maybe some F-4s or F-5s can be used too.

It was one of the most enjoyable missions for me, in terms of amount of RedAir and distances. Didn't feel bored for a second. Nothing to do that I am Greek by birth!

Grillman
Flight Lieutenant Dimitris "Grillman" Christoulakis - RAF Air UK

Roon
Site Admin

Post by Roon »

No need to apologise Danny, it looked like hard work from down in the weeds. We thought it a valiant effort to get a second shot at the SA-6 but we didn't have the fuel to make the most of it. As stated, there are a lot of things to learn from and the attitude I see here is just what RAFAIR needs - everyone working together. A scenario that complicated is going to take a while to get right and it'll up our standards across the board.

We're looking forward to the next one, and repeating it again is a good way forward. The effort at debriefing, spotting the bits that need work and going again is great to be part of. Thanks all.
Sometimes stuff is supposed to fall off....sometimes not.
I still can't be sure which... :?

Officer Commanding F18 OCU
Wing Commander Ade Rhoney - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image

Return to “Squadron Flights”