Delayed Start in Missions

Details Of Online Flight Nights
Chris

Re: Delayed Start in Missions

Post by Chris »

Telson wrote: 20 Jul 2021, 17:12 Ok daft question time,
Can this method not be used on mission nights, say use a tanker reaching a waypoint as the trigger to give the command to launch?.....
Hi Telson - No question is daft mate... often it prompts perceptive people to think outside of the box :)

'Uncontrolled' and 'push' 'starts' as defined in my original post is designed for, and only works with, (reasonably sure) Ai aircraft and clients generally over-ride any form of late activation as set by the tick box.

It is probably doable by setting specific aircraft / groups to have a later 'start time' than specified 'mission start time' but I have not tried it but may be worth trying as a simple method.

You can also check if the client is alive when they shouldn't be and destroy it by using Switched Condition>Unit Alive and Flag x is false > Do Script Unit.getByName('unitsName'):destroy() or something similar but this is probably too complicated ....
Kind Regards
Chris :)

Telson

Post by Telson »

Maybe I'm over thinking the problem, my thought is everyone joining the server at the same time and taking off within 10 minutes is never going to work to the advantage of the players or the mission builder. Possibly a small alteration in the way we start the mission or launch the server could help elevate some of the issues we are having.
0527 Simon "Telson" Few
RAF Air UK - 1(F) Sqn
Image Image

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

We could certainly have 'fake' radio calls issued to waiting aircraft indicating their required take off. i.e if a strike package is to take off when another flight (say CAP) reaches a certain point then that message can be sent via a trigger. That way if say 11F were late getting airborne due to carrier DCS shananigans then the trigger can be set to send a radio message to a certain squadron once 11F are airborne or at a particular point.

Of course the launch message could be sent verbally by the triggering squadron in question once airborne or at a point etc but an automated message system simulating an overall command centre would make sure these messages are sent to those who need it.
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

There is no technical problem with staggering start time for different flights, using triggers either timed or in response to another element triggering an event. That way you could run a mission running for several hours - but there lies the rub! Most people fit in a mission between when they get home (and kiss the wife, put the kids to bed, etc), and when they go to bed. That realistically limits it to 4 hours, and requires members' time slots to align with the mission time slots.

It's that simple, and that problematic.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Squadron Flights”