21/09/21 Faux Fulda

Details Of Online Flight Nights
0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Re: 21/09/21 Faux Fulda

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Thanks Ade. I'm glad most of you hit the target.

Overall a disappointing evening for all involved. We can chalk it up as a training flight.

The mission was written using the RAF Air Caucus template which was created a few updates ago. There were no scripts running, the only mod was the static bomb proof tents.

I will rewrite the mission using a fresh map. I will use all waypoints etc from last night so no changes will need to be made unless asked to.

Please let me know if there were any errors, I have spotted 2 so far:

2x shell tankers
Mig 29 trigger. (sorry 11f)
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

I noticed that the AWACs got taken out by a Mig very early on - it is probably best to make it invulnerable and invisible. Either that or put it well out of harms way, or give it a set of dedicated AI AD fighters.

Again, I think that last minute changes were largely to blame. We should apply a cut off, of at least 3 days before the mission is flown to finalise changes. I flew it as far as initial contact with the A-10 ground targets at 1630 on the day, and all the ground targets were all in place then.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Thanks Alan, it's definitely a multi player problem.

With regards to changes, the latest update caused some problems that we had not experienced before with the copying and pasting of flights. Now we know what to check for, we should be able to nobble those quite easily and have a smoother planning / checking experience.

With regards to T/Off time, what is the general consensus of the time from server start to T/O.
If each squadron can let me know what there minimum time should be, I can usually arrange flights around that.
0405 ANDREW

"Andrew, you are right"
Image ImageImage Image

Danny
Site Admin

Post by Danny »

0405 Andrew wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 08:00

With regards to T/Off time, what is the general consensus of the time from server start to T/O.
If each squadron can let me know what there minimum time should be, I can usually arrange flights around that.
From my point of view the T/O times are too tight and can easily ruin days of planning, both from the mission builders, and the Sqn planners point of view.

We are usually one of the first Sqn's airborne and have a very tight schedule from mission start to T/O. The main problem is there is no contingency in the timings to allow for DCS, SRS issues that generally crop up for someone, nor do they account for last minute changes forced on us by R/L dropouts resulting in weapon, WP or seat changes.

As an example from last night - we had one pull out last minute ( we were aware and had a contingency plan that required weapon and WP changes), one had continual DCS crashes, and one had a defective A/C (DCS issue) which again required a weapons change.

Initially we had 14 minutes from start to taxy, so 10 mins to start and 4 to taxy (this isnt always the case, some taxy's are longer)

I requested that we have an extra 10 minutes added on for contingencies, which in this case was lucky, as even with the issues we had we still took off on time.

I would like to see the mission start 25 minutes before take-off time, please.
Wing Commander Andrew 'Danny' Daniel - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Many thanks Danny, 3f will have 25 min from server start to take off from now on.

Please note, other squadrons can have a shorter or longer time if the mission allows it, so please let me know.

Since the latest update I have tested the original mission on my server pc, I joined from my sim pc and everything was loaded. I deduce from this that the mission was OK. If someone could run a test on the RAF Air server and let me know your results, that would be very helpful.

Cheers
Andrew
0405 ANDREW

"Andrew, you are right"
Image ImageImage Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

I would strongly endorse Danny’s suggestion. Even after you have got into your cockpit (and that can take nearly 5 minutes), we should allow at least 10-15 minutes for start up, plus at least 5 mins for taxi. I would prefer to see first take-off 30 minutes after Server unfreeze/start.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Danny
Site Admin

Post by Danny »

Flyco wrote: 23 Sep 2021, 07:30 I would strongly endorse Danny’s suggestion. Even after you have got into your cockpit (and that can take nearly 5 minutes), we should allow at least 10-15 minutes for start up, plus at least 5 mins for taxi. I would prefer to see first take-off 30 minutes after Server unfreeze/start.
I'm more than happy with 30 minutes
Wing Commander Andrew 'Danny' Daniel - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Consider it done after Faux Fulda.
0405 ANDREW

"Andrew, you are right"
Image ImageImage Image

Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Why not do as mission planners do and have an RV point (possible AAR top off) and a push time from there?
Student Pilot Rich Smith - RAF Air UK

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

We have done that in the past and it has worked.
0405 ANDREW

"Andrew, you are right"
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Squadron Flights”